The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run 2 billys together? We got one last weekend and we found another one we are in love with and plan to get him Sunday but was wondering about running them together with my girls.

·
14,615 Posts
Some bucks get along well with each other & some don't.
Most of us keep our bucks away from the does unless it's breeding season.

·
1,524 Posts
And your does can get injured form the boys fighting to be "the one" who breeds the doe. Or they can get injured by each buck repeatedly breeding her. Even though they are in heat, a doe can be bred too many times which can cause internal bruising or tearing, infections, scalding

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I have put several together. Yes your dominate buck will want all the girls all to himself. If there are enough girls they can service them and you can put a making harness on the boys if you need to know who services the girls

·
Registered
572 Posts
Oh yes. You certainly can. We run anywhere from 5 up to 20 bucks together. As log as they have enough room they will bond with each other. They will have their pecking order but they will bond

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Once they figure out who is the boss they will be fine. There will still be a few little fights usually the younger one flexing his muscles but the will not kill each other.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Does anyone run 2 billys together? We got one last weekend and we found another one we are in love with and plan to get him Sunday but was wondering about running them together with my girls.
Why would you want to run 2 bucks with your girls? You would be shortening the breeding life of both bucks. How will you know who bred what and whom to breed her to next time? I never put more than 1 buck with my girls.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'll second (third) what others are saying ... my bucks all live together but AWAY from the the does. The only way I would not run them together if the size difference was huge (Nubian and Nigerian) or if one had horns and one did not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts