The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat Twix is possibly pregnant. I've posted pics of her on here twice, to see if anyone thinks she is, and most people said yes, but she is driving me nuts! the last possible date that she was exposed to a buck was January 20th. So, Day 150 is in exactly three weeks. And she has no udder, is slim, runs around like crazy, and doesn't look/act pregnant at all...... Most of the time. Then, she'll spend most of a day lying around, her right side bulges, and she just looks pregnant. Sometimes i can feel bumps and lumps in her tummy, that can't possibly be anything but a baby. So then I'm like, "Yeah definitely preggers." Then the next day she's back to her normal nosy self. So I still can't convince myself that she's pregnant! AAAARRGHH! Thee next three weeks can't go by fast enough! Then even if there's no baby, I at least won't be stressing myself out anymore!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this will be her second, I believe. I bought her January 20th, and she was housed with a buck full time up to that point. I know some goats can hide a pregnancy really well though, especially if it's not her first!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
That is completely true. Her udder wont come in until 2 weeks to 1 day prior to kidding ;)

I have a vague feeling that I already asked you/told you all of this, so if I have, you can tell me to shut it now!

If all else fails, watch her (not necessarily like a hawk), and trust in that buck. Bucks are very good, I tell you...!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! No, I'm really just looking for someone to make me feel better, you know, someone to say," Oh she's probably pregnant! Mine do that ALL the time!" lol! I know I have more than one thread discussing her, I just have to talk to SOMEBODY that understands how frustrating this is! Oh, and her ligs still feel pretty hard. I think they may be softening a little, but I'm not sure that I'm not just making that up to "make" her be pregnant! :GAAH:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'll start a kidding thread for her, and get everyone else worked up about her babies coming. That way IF she's NOT pregnant, we can all hate her together for her putting me through all of this! lol JK, She's really mine and my husbands favorite! ;)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
:ROFL: I will follow that thread! There are so many on here that I watch. Some have been going for 1-2 months straight :sigh: I hope she doesn't take too long, but it is always worth it in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts