The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning a couple of my girls have got stuff in the corner of their eyes. It kind of looks like sleepy that we get in our eyes. It is a yellowish color. I only have one girl with a slight runny nose. Is there somehthing I need to give them?? Or is it probably just because of the drastic weather changes we have had?? Is there some kind of medicated sauve or something that I can put in their eyes? They are pregnant and due this month, so I didn't think that I needed to give them a shot of the Nu-Flor... especially since it stings so much. Any suggestions?? Any idea what could have caused it??

I am fixing to go out to change water, give hay, and such, but I will be checking this post for responses every 20 minutes or so. I would like to get this taken care of today if possible. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
. I use Tea bags. I get them wet, and I hold them on their eyes for 20 minutes three times a day for several days or until you see the difference.
Also what is your hay like? Does it have a lot of dust? When I feed my hay it drives me crazy. It is really nice hay but a little dusty, and i do not have to stick my nose in the hay to eat it.
Use a little Vet Rx if you have it. That is good also.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is VetRx a sauve? I will have to get some of it and try it. Where do I get it at? Will it be alright to do the Benadryl for today since it is something that I have one hand?

The hay we have is good hay... I really don't know that you would call it dusty... just normal hay I guess.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
No VetRx is not a sauve, its drops that you put in their nose, you don't put it in their eyes that I know of. It would help with any runny noses though. You might could get some at a feed store, mine just has the poultry kind so I had to order mine.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Vet Rx is only for the nose. Just so you know, it is also good for dogs with ear infections.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put a drop of Biomycin in the eyes when they start getting crusty and it seems to help alot. Just a drop or 2 and that will help if its a infection, I do this with pinkeye also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think VetRX is wonderful. I have a nigerian dwarf wether that has allergies. I give it to him when ever there is a change in the weather. He doesn't like it too much but it really helps with his dry cough. I ordered online because our feed store didn't carry it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts