Runny Yellow Poo...2 days old.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by KW Farms, Mar 11, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I have a couple bottle kids with runny yellow poo and they're not as active as the others. They're only two days old and got colostrum. Could it be cocci or ??? I wasn't sure if they could get it so soon? Should I give Di-Methox or ??? How much? They are little nigerian dwarf kids. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds like milk scours...the babies are eating really rich colostrum/milk or over drinking the milk.......you can give pepto and some nutra drench ...it should clear up quickly... :wink:
    take the kids temp to make sure ....

do they have weak legs? If so... give them a shot of bo-se....or if your area is deficient in selenium..

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Are they getting "milk" or a replacer? It's normal for 2 day old babies to have poop the consistency of toothpaste...it doesn't really form little "clumps" til around 3-4 days....if they are on a replacer try a little less powder for the next feeding. They would be too young to have an issue with cocci and if the scours don't resolve try some childrens kaeopectate in their bottles. :wink:

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    If they are on replacer, and you don't have access to goat milk, use whole cows milk from the store. Replacer gives kids the runs among other things.