Rush with pictures.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Mar 16, 2011.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :doh:
    He's breaking plywood!!

He jumps up onto the buck 3 sided shed, it slopes down on the west side and he tried to jump on it this morning, too anxious for his grain...and SNAP! broke the plywood. and he snaps his head up like... "hey, that wasn't me!" lol too cute.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Rush is getting too big!

Aww...he didn't mean it....mom.... HeHe....sounds like a big boy..... :thumb: :wink:

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I want to see pictures of your beast. I am sure he is getting big. Paintball is growing also. He jumps up on the stall door if he thinks I am not paying enough attention to him and makes it slam so hard you would think he was going to break it off the track.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Sounds like a big boy! I agree with Roger...we need some pics. ;)

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

you'll get some when he's all cleaned up :D yes.. I'm gonna make you wait.

He did lose condition from breeding, and hasn't put it back on yet. getting Alfalfa again as of last week and is getting grain everyday...and a round bale to stuff 24/7. the winds have been SO bad I havent had time to just be out there feeling him..so he needs to get back on his feed again full time.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

oh.. but he's taller than all of my does! haha, got some 5 year olds and he towers over them.

7. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh...you are just evil! ;) ...I guess I can wait here patiently until pics arrive. Hehehe.

I was just curious...since I don't know to much about boers...do they have a height limit for the breed? What is it...if they do? Don't mean to steal your thread...that just popped into my mind.

8. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

How is my little boyfriend anyway? I swear...if I was a doe he would be all mine. No other doe would be allowed.

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

ya know Kylee.. there isnt a height requirement. I've never seen a mature buck from outside lines. In Alaska, I've seen a lot of bucks whose head are about waist high, at 3-4 years. That's about where rush's head is as a yearling now. I wish there was at least a reccomendation! As I'm always looking at him saying..you're SO short! but if you look at pictures of people standing next to bucks..they really aren't all that tall.

LOL!! He sure loved you! He's doing very well. Did an awesome job this breeding season, looks like lots of multiples! Got 33 more days of pure torture!!!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Sounds like... he is growing pretty good... being taller than your Does... :wink:

11. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

That is really interesting. With the nigerians, height is something stressed in the breed standard... since they need to stay small, but I guess with a meat animal it wouldn't really make sense to have a limit for height or anything. :shrug: Very interesting.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

ok here are some not so good pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really hoping he'll keep growing, this winter was really tough on everybody. I think once he hits grass he'll pick back up, and i got alfalfa just this week, so he's back on.

And here's another I REALLY love of Angel

[​IMG]

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

He is a very nice looking boy! Angel looks so sweet!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Looking good Katrina...he should pick up fast now...this winter has been a hard one....and it is easy for them ....to burn it off...keeping warm...I know it gets super cold in Alaska.... :shocked: now that... you are able to feed him the good hay....he should pickup quickly....and with the spring plant growth...that will help as well... :wink: :hug:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hey thanks SO much pam :hug:

16. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Angel is aptly named... too cute

17. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Beautiful pictures. The boers look like stuffed animals to me, I'm sure they can't be as cuddly as they look. They don't look quite real. I'm even used to them, my neighbors have a few, and I still feel that way.

Jan

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very Welcome Katrina.... :thumb: :hi5: :hug:

19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    They are. they're EXTREMLEY Loving and are way too friendly, at least mine.

and Angel... kind of a PIA. ;)

20. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Angel is a PITA like Pain In The Rear? That's what we named our dog lol. We were tempted to call our farm PITA farm because of all the rotten animals we have. :p