The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my buck was acting very strange. He kept making groaning noises and kept jumping at me but in playful ways. Or at least I hope so. He kept butting my doe with his head on her neck and constantly kept smelling her anal area. He then did this...

image-4235722379.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on what I should/shouldn't do during my first time with goats in rut.

Attachments

·
730 Posts
Heres some good ADVICE..>> DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON HIM..AND BECAREFUL AROUND HIM....Now would be a GREAT TIME to carry a stick in with you!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah okay because yesterday morning he was trying to "fight" with me but I think I did wrong because I encouraged it and played with him. I'll be sure to not do that again being that my small siblings play outside all day and out goats are out also.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Yeah, try not to let him do that or he'll learn it's fun.

It may or may not mean rut, although this is the time of year for it. That is a very normal thing for bucks to do, it's called the "flehmen" reaction.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll make sure not to. Hope he doesn't become a mean buck. This is his first go at rut season. He's only about 11 months. If I was told the correct age.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Omg lol he was flirting with me!! :D that's funny. Also he keeps mounting her but she makes a grunt and starts running....is she not ready?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah that sucks I hope she gets pregnant. If not its okay. I don't want the babies to be born during winter. Because its gets crazy cold here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts