Rutt has OFFICIALLY started

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Aug 5, 2009.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My boys, Hank and Teddy have officially gotten "ewww gross nasty bucky!" they are normal bucks up to August, then they turn into these continuous wet faced, head beating ,growling, vocal and obnoxious boys!
    Chief will be back home Friday so he can join in the fun of beating his head on the walls and spitting at the girls on the other side of the fence.

My girls are showing the change over too....milk production has slowed to the point of me starting once a day milkings.....AND can you believe that Bailey, Heidi and Binky are all in heat AT THE SAME TIME? It has been a very noisy day here today :hair:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know how ya feel... :sigh: ..our boys are doing the same thing....and our girls...they are gearing up for it......tis the season....LOL :doh:
    But ...they have to wait for 1 more month... then my breeding schedule begins.... :thumbup:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Mine will be waiting til October....I'm getting too old to be freezing my butt off for February kiddings :ROFL:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Mine are also ---- 3 bucks and 2 rams ---- the other buck I sent off to be with the girls (thank goodness). I won't start breeding my nigis till late Oct/Nov/Dec sometime - so this is going to be bad when the landlord comes on Friday (first time wide has EVER been to Idaho - let alone seen the house) and she gets to see a bunch of stinky boys in rutt - :help:

5. Boy I wish Jester knew. He started almost two mouths aga. :roll:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Mine are in rutt a little year round - i just noticed a few days ago that it has gotten BAD lately..... :sick:

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Fun! Not....it is actually past the breeding season for us we breed for Nov./Dec./Jan. mostly and then a couple for the summer. I will freeze happily soon!

8. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Not here..yet! Boys are still living harmoniously and with little stink.. Girls have not come into heat yet.. We plan on starting in October this year so we will see.. I am sure in the next few weeks "Love" will be in the air!

Jennah

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hear mybuck is learning the ropes from the older guy in the pen......but I get to live stink free WOOT :thumb:

Will go to see him soon -- hopefully this week