Rythym's udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by grandmajo, Jun 4, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Ok, this is my nubian, Rythym. She is a FF, she kidded back in January 20th, this is a 12 hour fill. Opinions?

And again, I apologize for the quality of the pics. I could not for the life of me, get Rythym's legs where I wanted them for the side pic. I would move them back, step back to take the pic, she'd step foward, lol.

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Great teats and great division here
    But needs more capacity, foreudder extension, and a higher tighter rear attachment.

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with .......ProctorHillFarm......... :wink:

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great division, nice big and plumb teats! With her freshening almost 6 months ago, I would expect that production would be slowing down....what was her milk yield at peak? Around 2 months fresh is peak with most dairy girls.

7. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Well, liz, I hate to admit it, but I didn't ask! :oops:

When I bought her, she was almost 3 months fresh, and for me she has milked consistently right around 4.5 to 5 pounds of milk a day. I know that her udder doesn't look that big, but she is one of those goats that when you milk her, it literally deflates right down to nothing when you're done milking. No meaty udder with this girl! I guess I should have taken a before and after picture to better explain it.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That is a great amount for her! For a FF not bad at all...I wouldn't be surprised at all if future freshenings provided 8+ lbs a day.

And the fact that her udder goes to nothing when stripped is a good clue to capacity.