The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. I've been away from the forum for a little while so we can finish building our house before cold weather comes. Hope to be back regularly soon.

I found out today that our goat breeder died last week. He has been our source for goats and breeding ever since we got our first goats. He was a nice man and loved his goats, I hated to hear about his passing. His wife is left with his goats and she will be selling them as she can, which means the buck we were going to breed with may be gone soon. So, I now need a Nubian sire for my does that I plan on breeding next month. We don't have a place to keep him so we'll need to bring our does to him. I live a little south of Huntsville, AL and we can drive 1-2 hours away. If anyone can help please let me know.

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
Sorry about your breeder..hope all works out for your breeding program

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tenacross, we don't have seperate fencing or a buddy for him. I thought about seeing if she would hang on to him until ours bred but I don't want to seem disrespetful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have a goat friend that could house hime for the breeding season? You could always buy him and breed as many does as you can to get his blood for the future then sell him after the breeding season and recoup your money. Or strike a deal and even give him to your friend and then you both have a good nubian buck to draw from. Just a couple thoughts. Desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts