The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our doe kidded on Monday and had a very hard delivery. She ended up loosing all of her babies and is very sad about it. I was trying to give it a few days but she doesn't want to eat or come out in the field with us in the evening since she gave birth. She is fine physically but she just mopes and lays around and she is loosing weight. She is such a good mom even taking on others babies when needed, so are trying to find to find her some babies to take care of. If anyone has a newborn goat that lives around north Alabama that they are wiling to sell please let me know. She is a Nubian so it will probably need to be a bigger breed to be big enough to nurse off of her.

·
14,615 Posts
These poor mamas who dont have their kids. Try giving her probiotics, B complex, her favorite treats & plenty of attention.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
If I could help you with a baby goat I would do it in a heartbeat , but I dont have any :( Im so sorry for your loss.

Was she able to see that they passed ? Sometimes that helps them know they are gone......idk.
What a heart breaking time for all of you :(
Hopefully someone here can help you with a baby goat.
Prayers she recovers quickly. :hug:

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Oh, poor girl. :( I would help you if I could! :hug: I hope you find a baby for her!

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Karen, they were all born dead because the first one was really big and it took a solid hour of us pulling on it to get it out. We were waiting on the vet to get there to do a c section so we were told to continue trying to get the baby out. The other two didn't develop correctly so we think they were already dead. By the time we got the babies out she was so wore out that she just basically collapsed. After she rested for a little while she realized that she didn't have any babies to care for.

We posted on craigslist last night and haven't got any responses yet. We have a 6 month old that we are going to try to get to nurse off of her tonight. She was a bottle baby (we weaned her a month ago) that would get a nip from the other goats when she wanted. She's pretty big but maybe we can get the two together.

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
someitmes whenyou cant find an adopted baby..spending lots of extra time with her helps..brushing her..slipping her a favorite treat...and time...B complex is always helpful..hopefully someone answers your add...when we lost a mama in kidding we needed a buddy for her surviving buck..a nice family gave us a sweet little mixed doe....we namedher after his mom ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts