Sad ending today

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by goatheaven, Feb 25, 2008.

1. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    It is with a heavy heart I tell you my triplet doeling born yesterday died today in my arms at the vet. I worked with her all day yesterday and today. She came out after her sac was broken and hubby did CPR, etc to save her life. We thought she was going to make it. She was standing and taking a bottle and she was warmed up and living in the rec room with the heat on. She started getting weaker and limp this morning and lost her sucking reflex. At times she would cry out and at other times she would lay limp in your arms. I loved her as much as I could today and kissed her goodbye as the vet took her away from her pain. He said she had some brain damage from lack of oxygen. I know I only had her for a while but it still hurts. I hope she knows she was loved in her short stay here on earth.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry for your loss today - I wish that there was something that I could say or do to bring her back to you.

Just remember she is in a place free from pain and the trauma.

My thoughts are with you

Allison

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i am so sorry for your lose. it is hard when we do all we can & still lose them but like said before she is in a better place now & waiting for you.

4. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. It still hurts but time will heal all wounds. I still have to take care of my bottle baby Valentine who was rejected by her mom. It helped to come home and have her running to see me!

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm am so sorry. :cry: It sounds like you did all you could. I know that has to be very hard.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am so sorry! She knows that you loved her and that you did everything you could to save her.

Hugs :hug:

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm so sorry.I haven't lost a kid yet but I'm sure it hurts.Hugs are sent your way :hug:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my :tears: My heart achs for you :hug: I am so so sorry :cry:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH goat heaven. I am so sorry for your pain. I just hope you can look at it as you were her Guardian Angel :angel: and she was here long enough for you to learn something from it. I do not know what it was but you will know what it was at sometime.
    :hug: to you and yes you are still very lucky that you have a beautiful baby that was so happy to see you when you came home.
    The lord gave you that beautiful baby because she needed someone to love her with all their heart as you did even if it was for only a bit. :love:

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It's hard to lose an innocent little one- I'm so sorry.

11. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    Thanks again for everyone's kind words. I have been raising goats for over 7 years and I have been very fortunate to lose very few. It seems as if this has been a hard year for breeding and losses. We lost one out of quads we tried to save, one from a mom with a horrible birth, one who had a seizure right after birth, and then this little doeling with brain damage. She lived the longest of all of them. I do have to remember even with all of the sadness, I have 15 beautiful bouncing kids right now. I have decided to retire from breeding and just keep my herd to a manageable size and let them live their lives out as pets on the farm. I love my goats as if they were my own kids and this last one has been very hard. I just hope she is at the rainbow bridge playing and happy.

12. Laura,

I am so Sorry she didn't make it. I know just how heart broken you are and I feel your pain. I lost one of my nubian twin bottle babies. She was near death when I got her and I nursed her back to health and she did great for four weeks and I just knew she was going to grow and be healthy and then all of a sudden she was gone. Its always hard to loose a loved one and no words can ever take away that pain. Just know I am praying for you and I will keep you and your goat family in my prayers and I hope the rest of your kiddings go smoothly and everybody is happy and healthy.

Take Care

13. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm so sorry to hear about that, I know how it feels to lose kids, I know it hurts but it'll get better :hug:

15. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    I really hate to lose kids, sorry for your loss