The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent today making arrangements to put down my mare. She's been fading fast since the hurricane. Trying to coordinate the vet and the backhoe operator, and trying to get it done on my day off. It's just sad. She looks horrible, all she ate yesterday was a couple of small pieces of watermelon. She's lost about 400 pounds in the past few weeks. I know it's time but I keep hoping that if I drag my feet she'll get better.

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
Even when we know it's right, doesn't make it easy. I'm sorry.

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
Oh my goodness!! 32. What a testimony of care. Shes had a long life. ((Hugs))

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Its never easy and much harder than having to bury a goat. Praying for you and hoping you can manage it on your day off to at least limit some of the logistical stress.

32 is a good age for a horse and I am sure she has had a happy life with you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have spent today making arrangements to put down my mare. She's been fading fast since the hurricane. Trying to coordinate the vet and the backhoe operator, and trying to get it done on my day off. It's just sad. She looks horrible, all she ate yesterday was a couple of small pieces of watermelon. She's lost about 400 pounds in the past few weeks. I know it's time but I keep hoping that if I drag my feet she'll get better.
Hi, I feel so sad for you, I had to have my 30 year old mare put down many years ago, had to decide within few minutes of the vet coming out, I had no idea she was that sick….. it took me a long time to get over it too, I always felt guilty, thinking I should have noticed things and hope to have kept her longer, but we can only do our best for our beloved animals, thinking of you love Donna UK

1 - 20 of 26 Posts