Sad frustrating dilemma

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 25, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    3 1/2 years ago I bought this 6 week old kid - was told she will take a bottle, NOT

she ended up getting real sick and I almost lost her (was laying in her own poo just not moving)

Anyway Miss Mia has had 3 successful kiddings (first was not planned since she wasnt quite 7months old when bred). First was a mini me named Kari, then a boy Stormy. She didnt kid in 2009 till the late fall - again another mini me - Lucie

I sent her off to get bred early 2009 at my friends place - friend had loved her for a while and then sort of kidnapped her once she arrived lol so I told her she could buy her when she wanted to.

Now this friend is having some issues with family and husband is willing to make some compromises but asks that she scale down. I convinced my friend to go into showing Nigerian Dwaf goats so she figures that Mia being unregistered is the unfortunate cut of the herd along with her daughter Lucie. (she feels bad about this dont get me wrong)

So the leaves me in bad spot. mom says i have enough goats, Mia is my baby, and I havent quite gotten over the fact that I gave Jasper my wether buddy away. And I always knew I could see Mia whenever I wanted. I cant stand the thought of her being tossed from home to home. (which is what I hear is happening to the other two older does I sold)

I told my friend I would buy her back .... but now what. Where do I put her and what do I do with an unregistered doe who only has had singles (beautiful ones though).

is this the wise choice? or am I being overly sentimental about a GOAT :oops:

here is Mia's page from before I sold her http://www.endofthelinefarm.com/mia.htm (says something when you keep a does page even after sold)

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    You are more than welcome to bring them here :) and visit whenever you'd like.

Just a thought. lol

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

If I lived close I would take her!
    Good luck finding her a home

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    You take her back and keep her til you can find another -- and hopefully forever -- home for her, because if you don't, you will worry and fret and wonder if you did the right thing. How far away is SHell? Maybe she'd take her ... or LIz???? Hopefully you can get her without paying for her, maybe they'll just give her to you. That would be the right thing for them to do!

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she has someone who wanted her also if she ever sold her but this lady wants her for milk -- which Mia is not good for. She stands to be milked and has the BEST tasting milk EVER. But only gives like a cup a milking! Which never bothered me since every bit was used for bottle feeding and I was happy for what she gave me. But I dotn want her sold again because she isnt the producer this lady wants. So thats why I said I will buy her back.

The money isnt the issue -- and she did pay me for her 150.00 so its only fair I pay her back.

The money isnt the issue, I will come up with ti one way or the other.

Schell is 2 hours from me

Liz I dont think needs another doe :p but I maybe going her way in May or June :)

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Like I said, you're more than welcome to bring her here. I'm not asking for ownership, but I have no qualms taking care of another doe.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you are very kind! I just want to give her a forever home someday and I just cant right now. maybe if I get the magical BF who will marry me and give me a goat ranch I can

Hay one can dream cant they!

8. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Good luck home hunting. :) She's a pretty girl---maybe a local 4her would like her for showing? Just a thought.
    Did you try the 'Oh Mommy, pretty please with a cherry on top?" technique yet? :p

9. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

hahaha just BEGGGG and maybe you can keep her!
    Thats what I do...

10. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Well, you know... you could leave her here until you have a place for her. No worries.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Havent even talked to my mom yet

I just know her answer

Believe me my mom is the greatest! she will do anything for me -- including making 2 kidding stalls for me while I was at work just to surprise me! So she isnt mean or hard to live with or a goat hater

12. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I'd be like a babysitter :p

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    If I was closer I have plenty of room, especially soon, since the extension is being worked on

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Really Shell? I mean I dont think I have more money for board or anything but you could breed her and keep any kids she has I just wont be able to pay for board I just dont have that kind of money

15. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Yes really. I wasn't even going to ask for money to feed her. Wth is one more mouth, really? lol

If you want, I'll pitch in for gas money to get you up here ;)

16. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aww...Shell...that is so sweet.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will let you know

Thanks SO MUCH SHELL :hug:

I will let you know how this plans out

18. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    :hug: No worries. I know what it's like to need help with a pet and having no where to turn. I lost a beloved dog over similar circumstances. I couldn't let that happen to someone else.

19. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    You're the best, Sterling.

20. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Shell.....what a kind person you are, kudos to you!

Stacey......My moto has always been "where there's a will there's a way"......you'll figure it out, whether it's Mia goes to live with Shell or somewhere alse for a while.....oh, and about that boyfriend...that will happen for you too in time!