Sad news story

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/hill ... rm_animals

A darn good reminder that loose dogs are a danger to us all. I really feel for this family. :(

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    How terrible! That had to be very traumatic to walk into......around here it's a given that the farm dogs "roam"...I've not had any issues yet but there is a "understanding" among all of us that if a issue comes up with ANY dog, it will get lead poisoning, this includes my own.

3. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Yep very sad, I seen this the other day when they showed it, these weren't just loose farm dogs, on the TV report they claimed they were a pack of wild dogs as there were no tags on them.

Doesn't matter to me, thankfully we don't get many strays or 'wild' ones out here, in the 3 1/2 years we have been here, there has been 1 dog wandering down our road, and luckily for him, he had tags on with owner info or he'd a been a goner.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Man, I have to say I could not read the whole story. It just makes me sick.

In a town not far from me like 8 miles they have city people that when they do not want a dog anymore they turn them lose out there. They have killed more livestock and 4H animals it is just sick. I due feel bad for the dogs because they are just trying to survive and but it can not be done. They finally put traps out there and if they trapped a dog that did not have tags or a micro chip they would put the dog down. I just wish they could fine the people that dumped the dogs and put them down.

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Living where I live, 11 miles deep into the woods on dirt roads, dogs get dumped all the time. I would tell have many dogs I've shot, but it would just make me sad.

Out here they join up in packs like in the news story and kill calves. My neighbor's (well he's three miles down the road) boer goats were attacked back when I first got goats; they killed three goats and took a huge chunk out of his kid's nubian 4-H goat.

I no longer allow any dog I don't recognize even on my property.

If people are going to dump their dogs, at least dump them at the shelter. :sigh: