Sad News...

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by justthemomforthejob, Mar 5, 2009.

1. justthemomforthejob

justthemomforthejob New Member

Jan 22, 2009

Our little Zippy died today.

Early this morning she woke me with her bleating....which she never does before her morning bottle. She was bloated like a toad. :( I tried EVERYTHING.........and nothing worked. I rushed her off to the goat vet three towns over. He was GREAT. Had everything ready to fix her up and he said it actually wasn't a bad bloat.

When he tubed her, she struggled (duh, who wouldn't) and then WHAM - that was it. All at once her pupils dialated and she went into full arrest. He gave her epi IC, cardiac compressions....the whole 9 yards to no avail. It was horrible to watch and I felt so bad. I did all I could but wished I could have done more.....there was no "more" to do though.

So, her sister Esther is bleating her little heart out in the pen alone. That makes me more sad than watching Zippy pass. I wish I knew where I could pick up another little goat TODAY. I can't stand the thought of any living creature being lonely. It just eats me up.

Thankfully, we know someone who has does due to kid any day now....I hope Esther can hang in there until we get her a pal. What a sad day............
  2. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I am so very sorry :-( She will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh hun - I am so sorry :hug: Give her lots of loves and if you can give her a stuffed toy to cuddle up to and maybe let her come inside in an extra room might help.
  4. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    :hug: very sorry, hope you find a new pal for your goatie soon.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss.... :( :hug:
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I hear bloat is really bad this year - really strange and vets are not sure what is causing it.

So sorry :hug:

poor darling I to hate to see any animal sad, breaks my heart
  7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am so very sorry... :hug:
  8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry. It is horrible this year like Stacey said. Here in Colorado out vet just told me that he has heard of 9 other goats that have died from it.

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I am so sorry. That was awful for you to have to go through. Hope you are able to find a friend for your other little one soon.
  10. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: I am so sorry you lost your little Zippy, Give her sister lots of love and attention....even a stuffed animal may help with her lonliness. :hug:
  12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending :hug: (s) your way.
  13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh I'm sooo sorry for your loss. I remember when you posted her pic, because she looked just like my little doeling from fall. :hug:
  14. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I am soo sorry for your loss :hug:

15. justthemomforthejob

justthemomforthejob New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Thanks, guys.

We did bring Esther in last night and we did give her a stuffed animal. The guy that my sister got her Pygmy from has does that are kidding now so we may go to Sunnyvale and get Esther a pal this weekend or early next week.

I jokingly told our 16 year old he was going to have to sleep with Esther until we got her a friend....shows you how "eclectic" we are around here.....for a minute he thought I was serious!! :)
  16. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. How very sad. BIG :hug: