The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After anxiously awaiting our pygmy nannie to have her baby/ babies for months, I go out to check on everybody and I see a little baby goat. He was the only baby. His first day passed by. I let mom take care of baby. She was doing a good job. Her already having mommy experience. The second day rolls around and I find mom with no baby around. I go look in the small barn. I found the baby laying in the corner and he looked died. I go to pick him up and he's alive- barely.. He was weak. I thought he might be sick. I milked mom then I took the baby in to bottle feed. Then I think back and remember I've never really seen him nurse. I fed him around the clock. He was going potty (which I thought was good). But he wasn't very active. All he wanted to do was lay down. The third day comes and he's up and moving. But still isn't showing any interest in nursing. I fed him some milk anyways.. I had to run to tractor supply so I left little guy with my father-in-law who has experience with goats. Before I even get back I get a text... Saying baby passed away. My heart sank. I hate losing a baby :(

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
So sorry!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Very sad... :sigh: Colostrum is so vital to these little ones. And people wonder why we are always so concerned and protective over our goats. It's because they need us and we never want anything bad to happen to them. :hug: I'm terribly sorry that you lost him.

·
sister to goatszrule
1,904 Posts
So sorry I know its hard to lose a baby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts