The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to buy 2 saddles for my boys. They should be able to pack next year. I don't like to spend money unnecessarily. Are the NW Packgoats wood saddles adequate? Or are the more expensive aluminum ones far and away better?

·
222 Posts
To be honest, I like the way the wood saddle fits over the custom fit one. However, the wood saddle would never work for my Nubian/Boer and possible not for my Ober. The custom fit works better with their body type. Love the wood saddle though for diary goat body types. We ordered the kit and finished it which was really easy.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
I have couple of extra wooden saddles and panniers for one of em if you are looking to save a little bit of money. Just the saddle = red, saddle and panniers = teal. I also have a homemade saddle that I picked up at last years rendy. I paid 40 at the auction and will let it go for 30. Its cheap but works just fine.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Ok here are some quick pics. First is of the panniers. One open one closed. They have pockets on the sides. The one on the left does have a small hole just bout in the center of the face. A quick look over shows everything else to be in perfect shape if not a little dusty. The saddle on the left also in great shape with some slight rub/scratches on the wood. The saddle on the right is the home made one. Very well made other then the straps are made from as good a material on the normal saddle.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.