The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two mini-manchas that weigh about 75 lbs each. I want to bring rocks from the local woods for my garden projects and I'm tired of carrying them myself. Is there anyone selling a saddle that would fit a small goat?

· Registered
22 Posts
You could try a dog pack. As for a pack saddle tree, I doubt you will find anything that would fit a goat that small. We have an extra large dog pack that we use to train our kids with (our goat kids ;) ), and the wethers weigh, I'd say close to 80 lbs. It won't even fit on any of our 2-year-old does, so I'd say a dog pack would be your best bet.

· Registered
764 Posts
if you use a dog pack, though, make sure that the spine is protected and the pack doesn't rest directly on the spine.

There's a soft saddle for lamas and goats on the market, called the lumbar saddle. A normal saddle of this type would be too big for your goats but maybe you can have one custom made or make one for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.