The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many posts on the actual saddle, but not much on the pad part of it. I've looked at the pictures people have posted and it appears people are using a pad under the saddle.

Does it matter what the saddle pad is made of? Does weather or distance or weight affect your choice of material for a saddle pad?

I saw someone mention horse felt - can you buy a horse blanket and cut it down or will that be too thick?

Tonia

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bought the horse felt and cut it in half. I also have some standard pads. I will be replacing the horse felt with the pocket pads from Northwest.

The horse felt was a cheap start for me but it is thick and catches on branches and stuff. I have not had that problem with the standard pads.

I like the idea of the pocket pad for convenience of loading the goat. With a standard pad, you place the pad and hope the goat doesn't fidget it off while you grab the saddle. With the attached pad it will become a single operation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.