Sadie KIDDED!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RowdyKidz, Oct 30, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Well, Sadie is the last doe of the year that still hasn't kidded. So no more kids until next year, but I have my does kdding earlier so only a 2 month break! Yay! :)

Anyway, Sadie is our resident bottle baby that I couldn't say no to when a good friend of mine asked me if I wanted her...so here she is! And Sadie's going to be 5 in January, making her our oldest goat so she'll probably retire within the next year or two.

And she is bred to George, and this will be his first kids here for us! It makes it a little nerve wracking since I have 3 FF bred to him for next year! So hoping all goes well....

And they are due on the first of November so...Babies soon!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Sadie Kidding Soon!!

George is the buck that you think throws to big babies right?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

It is always exciting ...to wait for babies ...but the does.... sure drive us bonkers... waiting for them to come out.... :wink: :greengrin: Hoping for healthy babies.. and mom at kidding time... :hug:

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

5 isn't acctually that old for a doe-i've heard of does kidding at older ages. I hope to hear of babies soon ;-). My kidding season doesn't begin untill February. I still have does to be bred still-all of my doe kids from this year still need to be bred.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well any action yet??

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Hope you have some babies soon! Good luck!

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Thanks guys! Checked her at 2, didn't really have ligs. Checked again at 4, less ligs yet. Ligs have been getting mushier as the day's gone on!

8. Re: Sadie Kidding Soon!!

Oooooooh! Good luck!! will be praying for healthy, happy babies! :pray:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Hope she kids soon for ya! I do NOT like it when they loose ( or almost) their ligs and then they harden again! The one I am waiting on now is doing that, and she is so very large she can hardly walk and when she does she has a very pronounced waddle! so praying she doesn't do that to you!!

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

I know Jenna! Same here!

Going to check on her a bit later, have to go get some dewormer so I can get all the goats dewormed. :sigh: Watch her kid while I'm gone...

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

they do like ..waiting til we leave.....and driving us nutty.... Happy kidding... :hug: :greengrin:

12. Re: Sadie Kidding Soon!!

Well, if only they did this on our time. LOL

I can't wait to see the great pics. HINT HINT...hehe

I did want to tell you, she is NOT old. I have a 9 year old who kidded to LeLa this year and she is FINE. Very happy and content in her little world. Just my thoughts on it.

13. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

I have had two does kid in a row that still had their ligs until 1 hour before kidding. I went in the stall at 1:00 pm. and the doe would have her ligaments and her udder wouldn't be tight at all then at 2:00 I'd head to the barn to check her and when I opened the door I hear a little kid bleat and the doe would have already dropped one or all her kids!! :scratch:
    And I like to watch the birth and comfort the doe too :cry:

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

She dropped and had discharge yesterday...also looked like she was contracting until I fed her...Not sure if she's in labor or not?

15. Re: Sadie Kidding Soon!!

Wonderful, I can't wait to see pics. HINT HINT hehe

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

wow....still nothing.......oh the stress...... :hug:

17. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Just popping on for a quick sec, 'fore I grab a shower...Letting y'all know she kidded...Be back in an 1/2 hour with ics and a story... :wink: I am exhausted! :ZZZ:

18. Re: Sadie Kidding Soon!!

FINALLY! LOL It looks like my girl might be doing something tonight but I don't want to links anything. We shall see. Can't wait for the pics.

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Well, went out to eat last night and decided I ought to check on her as soon as we got back (about 8:15). So I did, and she was loosing her plug. Nice. Kids dropped, nesting, no ligs and I was sure there would be kids. So I was playing with PL's girls and Meg...And I had my mug of hot chocolate and popcorn sitting in the chair. Stayed there till 1:30 and still nothing. Gave up and went to bed.

After lunch today, went and cleaned the barn out. She had a bit of discharge...so I hung out in the barn, going about my work. Finally about 3 she had a thick bloody discharge hanging...Got the family and told them kids were coming. Pretty soon came the 1st bubble. She was pushing HARD and we were right there. She was hardly dialated. About 20 mins later, 2 hooves. No head. Broke the water and tried to get the hooves in so we could get the head first, it took the three of us to get him out. Finally got him out though. Massive boy...I almost swore he was dead. 2 of us worked on getting him dry and out of the way and my grandfather delivered the 2nd doe. She had the same issue as the boy.

poor Sadie's sore but well. Put some molasses in her water and all has been well. Pretty exciting first delivery. I'm just glad I was there!

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!!!!

Glad you were there with her and had the help available for those two babies.....hmmmm...now we need pics!! Does the doeling look like daddy?