The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay my goat experts

I have a buckling that I can't drench him I have tried he likes to drown himself no matter what I bloody do

so if worming comes back and he needs it are the pellets just as good for him or do I just need to suck it up buttercup and drench his butt

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
okay my goat experts

I have a buckling that I can't drench him I have tried he likes to drown himself no matter what I bloody do

so if worming comes back and he needs it are the pellets just as good for him or do I just need to suck it up buttercup and drench his butt
I would drench him. You do not know for sure and for certain he is getting all of the pellet.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,450 Posts
Well first of all, if we are talking about safeguard it is hardly the most effective dewormer. So first tell us what you are trying to treat so we can make sure you are using what is best.

Secondly, pellets are no good, and if you really absolutely don’t want to drench, your third option is horse pastes.

Or, try herbal dewormers, no force feeding necessary.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really well I'm doing fecal tomorrow and it was the only thing I could that came in pellets

I'll have results tomorrow for the fecal I dont mind drench him but seriously feels like I'm drowning him... I have ivermectin on hand as well

He takes paste fine it's just drench

And I didn't know that about safeguard being in effective I thought the dumor tsc brand pellets were un effective

·
Super Moderator
59,209 Posts
Pellets are generally not effective because the animal needs to eat all the pellets required in one feeding. So each goat has to be separate. The pellets properly measured out. Then the goat eat every pellet. Usually you can't count on all of that happening. Safeguard in general is not as effective as other dewormers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts