The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wendylou
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to use ivermectin and safeguard for horses to worm your goats? Of course at a lower dosage but just need to know if it's safe, otherwise, what paste IS safe because I cannot find a goat paste anywhere around here and I need to worm these babies ASAP! Thank you!!

North Mississippi

·
Wendylou
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you my wonderful goat family!
What is the best wormer to help them and do every few months? I know I need a fecal, working on getting my own scope. What do you use and dosage? I have on hand the ivermectin and safeguard(for horses of course) but if there is something else you would recommend , I will buy it!

North Mississippi

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
It is better not to worm every few months, but only when needed...go by the fecal and goat condition...its also better to stick to one type of wormer until it no longer works, then switch...we use Ivomec plus AND valbazen..although Valbazen kills every worm Ivomec plus kills it is not safe on pregnant does and I dont use ivomec product on kids under 6 months of age :greengrin: But I have been using them for 8 years...still works great...(although we are slowly switching to natural goodies now)

·
Wendylou
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is so much information in this forum, I saw where the parasite section was and read for hours now. I have the information and thank you all very much.

North Mississippi

·
69 Posts
I found Safe Guard goat dewormer,,I am in the process of ordering this stuff...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,892 Posts
You can find that at TSC. Dosing is incorrect. Still dose Safeguard liquid at 1cc per 10 lbs. It still only works on tapeworm and roundworm.

You need to have a fecal done to include coccidia. Then treat appropriately. There is no one wormer that treats all worms.

·
69 Posts
I read on a goat school website that this product only works on stomach and lungworms..and ivermectin would do the rest..on the animals and inside...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.