The Goat Spot Forum banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well dang it… some of the pics didn’t load. And then there’s a random pic of my dog and kids in my yard and not on the camping trip. I guess I’m not the greatest at figuring out how to work things while loading pics 😅
Let’s try again…
Tent Dog Green Leaf Azure

Hand Dog Vertebrate Smile Vision care

Attachments

·
Registered
Raising Nigerian Dwarf goats as backyard milkers.
2,542 Posts
We do have fences… but we are in process of moving from winter range on up to summer grazing ground. We have some corrals set up by a fence to use when we cross thru the fence. We will sort pairs, brand the babies, then kick them thru to the other side.
We are mostly helping a neighbor brand his cows. My dad sold most of the herd and is leasing the ground. We just have a few head we run with his herd. We generally sort ours off and will keep with our bull for a cpl months to breed and then take them up to join the others for rest of summer. So we will have a smaller branding later after getting ours home.
hopefully the goats all stay out of the way
Oh cool!

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,512 Posts
Thank you so much for getting back to me ❤
Ill give it a shot when I let them out this weekend. I guess I can always add a mid day bottle back in if I find they seem to be struggling at all. Hopefully they do ok tho 🍀🍀🍀
Last year I lost a nanny who had 8-9 week old twins and I never could get them to take a bottle at all. Just supplemented calf manna for them (and every other kid who crawled in to get some 😅) and they grew same average weight when we sold them. So I think I’ve got a chance 🙏
No problem!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I went ahead and let my bottle babies outside to run and play today after their midday bottle. I just felt so bad for them being shut inside!
It seems to have worked for the most part… the moms remember them, but then when they smell their bums they walk away from them.
Except for my mama with quads. She has a 2x2 test structure and when she’s standing for her other 3… I saw her little boy I was bottling was able to sneak a few drinks too 😅
So I’ll just keep trying to supplement them and give them calf manna in a creep feeder setup 😉
Dog breed Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Goat

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
Kids being cute and mischievous 😂

h
Sky Cloud Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here’s the pics I tried to load earlier 🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Surprisingly, this is the first time I saw them up in it in the last 4 years
I walked out to get the pictures after I’d seen them up there. Guess this year, they are taking their job as fire break creators to a whole new level
They’re going to charging a lot more for their services now. They are too stinking cute.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts