The Goat Spot Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Our bull is a gentle giant. He was brought into the corrals this afternoon so he can go get tricked tomorrow. The goats were very much more concerned about him than he was about them 🤣
Sky Cloud Goat Fence Tree

Sky Cloud Plant Working animal Fence

Sky Cloud Natural landscape Sunlight Fence

this last picture he’d gotten up to meander around while I was feeding everyone. I thought it made for a pretty sunset picture 😊

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Pictures of the fire crew 🤣
I took these the other day (posted the horses on discussion about change of color of spring coat)
But as you can see, there’s plenty of fuel to make for a bad fire season this year. My dad is on his CAT today cutting a fire lines around our neighbors place for him, and will work on our fire lines after that. Usually takes a couple of days…. Have to time it right tho cus if he does it too early in the season, it’ll regrow and need to be done again. But can’t wait too late either or you take chances, plus he needs to take the CAT up on the mnt to put up fences.
But the outside horses (ones that aren’t in rotation for riding) help eat the fuel and of course the goats prefer the dry hillsides, altho they venture into green meadows plenty as well 😂
Cloud Sky Plant community Ecoregion Plant

Plant Sky Natural landscape Cloud Terrestrial animal

Plant Vertebrate Grass Terrestrial animal Grassland

Sky Cloud Mountain Working animal Horse

Sky Cloud Horse Mountain Working animal

@Moers kiko boars here’s some pics from earlier this week- I’ll try and get better pics of the kids later! My internet is slooow loading pics today 😅

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Beautiful..are those your brood mares? Just beautiful! It amazes me how thick your goats are. Looking Great!🥰 thanks for the pics!💖💝
The chestnut mare that looks like a brood mare just has a very wide barrel… I have to use a different saddle to ride her 😂
My dad said I can bring her in in the morning and put some rides on her. She gets bored reigning in the corrals so I might take her out but not let her get her blood up (we have a cow to look for 😅)
But I want to get some easy going rides on her before next week. I’ve got 3 long days back to back and don’t want my old mustang to wear himself out too much 😊
The sorrel and grey horses are geldings that are turned out. Sorrel is a little in the small side for my dad and he doesn’t trust him with me. The big grey horse is a sore spot for dad. He says if my brother had spent more time with the colts when they were young, he’d be a very good horse. Be able to ride all day without either one of them getting tired… but as it is, he’s a little crazy and my dad is getting too old for that.
The 4th one out there is a small mare who is retired with a bad front knee. I never did get to ride her, but I guess she had a lot of heart and athleticism even tho small. She definitely looks appy too - so I guess dads joke about appy’s being slow doesn’t ring true all the time 😂

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
Thank you- I have a cpl more pics… my phone died while I was looking thru TGS last night 😅
This little one is Gypsy. She was my White Muscle Disease baby who couldn’t do anything except lay on her side. So glad i was there to see it and help her!
Dog breed Carnivore Goat Dog Working animal

Carnivore Dog breed Wood Line Terrestrial animal

Goat Table Fawn Plant Snout

Vertebrate Mammal Goat Fawn Goat-antelope
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Light Sunlight

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Daytime Ecoregion

lastly, I took some pics of my dads old horse who’s pretty much retired now. He hasn’t turned him out to the fire crew yet tho… said it would be better for him if he was, but I think he’d miss him. Lol
He loves tummy scratches and is sucker for grain. If we don’t make sure the barn door is latched, he’ll nose it open and go clean out the grain boxes (the horses won’t hardly eat grain this time of year, but we always give them a little to tempt them before they have to work for a day).

Plant Horse Working animal Liver Grass

h
Sky Horse Plant Natural landscape Working animal

He wouldn’t lift his face for a photo op 😂
We’re pretty sure he was proud cut. He’s definitely king of the herd, and whenever a new horse is brought in the mix, we have to separate him to where he can see the horse in with everyone for a couple of days to get used to the idea of them being there or else he’ll chase them out. But he’s beautifully muscled even if an idiot sometimes 😂

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
One more pic I took tonight, I saw this little girls ear was kinked back funny and had to watch her a minute to see if it was just back cus of her romping and it got flipped back, but it never popped back. So I caught a hold of her - and she’s a screamer so my dog started barking and jumping- so I couldn’t get a picture with front of her face, but here’s her ear. Lol
Her mom had flipped ears (at bottom) and her grand sire did too. But her cartilage is pinched near the top instead. Kind of interesting 😊
Working animal Terrestrial animal Grass Snout Sculpture

Snout Tail Human leg Terrestrial animal Livestock

Its pinched in the middle so folded in 1/2 then back too. Not sure how I missed seeing that before. Lol

141 - 160 of 173 Posts