The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never taken any of my life stock to the sale barn before, but I have a very unruly kinder buck... I don't want him to go for "breeding" purposes, I want him to go for meat. Can you specify that at a sale barn? I just don't want him to go in the wrong hands, and then abused or something like that... He nearly attacked my mom, hasn't tried it with me yet...he's getting to be too much for me to handle... I've tried everything.... Doesn't work.. I was hoping to keep him, but it doesn't look like I will be able too.

·
Super Moderator
59,804 Posts
The sale barns around me are pretty bad so I would rather put him in the freezer myself or find someone who will put him right in the freezer.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries, I'm down in Pierce... If I don't find a buyer for him through Craigslist I might go to the Enumclaw one and see if I can find any meat goat buyers. My mom is of the opinion that after they have sired they are no good for meat, is this true? I hope not. I might end up fixing him, and praying his behavior changes....

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, cool! I will try to get him sold. He'll be 2 in January. I wouldn't mind another wether around, but I really don't need anymore....

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are selling a stinky little buck at the Enumclaw sales pavilion, there is over a 90% chance it will be going for meat. The same guy buys them all. You should expect to get in the dollar a pound range.
Oh wow! Do you happen to have contact info on him, so I can sell directly to him? I'm asking $50.00, and he is roughly 60-70 lbs alive. I paid $75.00 for him a year ago, so I thought it was a good price. If you do have contact info on him please IM me:)

·
I'm watching you
22,567 Posts
I'd let the auction crowd bid right now. The muslim fast ends this month, very good prices for intact bucks.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. Just take him to the auction. I've tried to deal with the guy directly and it didn't go well. Get there around 11am and drop him off. You will have a check by Wednesday.
Okay, good to know about the Muslim holiday thing... I've got to look those up... Thanks Goathiker... I have him up on Craigslist now, so if he isn't sold by Friday night off to the sale he goes. Does the sales pavilion really take 40% Tenacross? That is what a neighbor said, but I thought that was high.

Thanks all! I was up your neck of the woods today Teneacross getting some spent brewery grain for the clan.

·
I'm watching you
22,567 Posts
Wow, ours only takes 10% plus a tag if they need it $3 and $4 a day if boarded. Can't see 40% at all

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Okay, good to know about the Muslim holiday thing... I've got to look those up... Thanks Goathiker... I have him up on Craigslist now, so if he isn't sold by Friday night off to the sale he goes. Does the sales pavilion really take 40% Tenacross? That is what a neighbor said, but I thought that was high.

Thanks all! I was up your neck of the woods today Teneacross getting some spent brewery grain for the clan.
No. 15% on goats. Your neighbor probably gave you the poultry %.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts