Sales Contracts?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PixieDustHollow, Oct 21, 2007.

1. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    Now that I have decided to update my website, I need to add a sales contract. Before, my website was just informational and had pictures/info of my pets. But now I have a buckling and an adult wether up for sale. Oh no! Time to think haha. I have a basic idea of what I want, but I can't get it to fall out of my head and onto the PC. It might be because it is almost 3 am, but I think it also has to do with the time I have been staring at this screen.
    Here is what I have so far:
    Pixie Dust Hollow
    Pygmy and Boer Goats
    1611 Hartly road
    Hartly, DE 19953

Sales Contract
    Last Updated 10/10/2007

Seller’s Information
    Name: Aubrey Lawson
    Address: 1611 Hartly road
    City and State: Hartly, Delaware
    Zip Code: 19953
    Phone Number: (302) 423-5549
    Email: [email protected]

Buyer’s Information
    Name:
    Address:
    City and State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number: ( ) -
    Email:

Animal’s Information:
    Name:
    Color:
    Markings:
    Miscellaneous:
    Registration #:
    Registry:
    Scrapie Tag #:
    Medical Record:

Anything else you would add to this part of the form?
    What about a sale outline, like requirements for sale, conditions of sale, etc? I just can't get what I want outta my head haha.
    If you have contracts, can you please post your's or a link so I can get an idea already on "paper"?

Thanks for any help in advance!

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

3. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    Now that it isn't really early in the am, I can think a little better haha.

A policy was what I was trying to think of lol. Wow. I should have gone to bed earlier.

Thanks Alyssa, I'll look at it after I am done with all the stuff I have to do today.

4. jBlaze

jBlaze Guest

Oct 9, 2007
    guarentee or as is

Think if you are providing any sort of guraentee such as health or fertility for a certain time peroid, or if you are selling your goats as is. These things can result in bad feelings if not clearly stated in advance. There was a post about a ND buckling that had to be vetted after purchase at significant cost and questionable result. Always best to be prepared in advance. Just my opinion though.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cover all the bases never let the buyer determine the sales terms.

Check my forsale page http://www.endofthelinefarm.com to see what my terms and conditions are.

I tweek it a little for the final sale though so that it doesn't have some stuff in it on the copy they sign.

A new policy I will be doing is making them sign something for the deposit.

I have these all made up and I can e-mail them to you if you like, I have no copy write on them so if you decide to tweek them yourself go ahead.

Let me know if you do want them if you have publisher or not since I have it in publisher but will transfer it into word if need be.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I really never have had a sales agreement on paper. I just basically screen new owners and give them the info on the little goats as far as what type of feed hay and housing they need. I do say that if at any time within 2 weeks that the kid gets sick or even dies I will refund. After that I won't because I know that these kids are healthy when they leave. I also don't require a down payment on the kids I sell as pets...most families will come and pick which ones they want and I tell them that I will call when they are ready and that they can come by when I schedule a visit or 2 before the kids leave their moms. I have never had any problems doing this in this manner and I do let them know that if I don't hear from them when I call for pick up /payment that I will assume that they have chosen to not be a goat parent and the said kid will be up for sale...that is I do give them a few days to contact me before I choose another owner. I also let them know that I will do hoof trimmings and wormings/vaccinations if they wish. This is the way I have done it for years..but not everything works for everybody.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I did that until this year when I encountered issues - so now I am covering my back - once you get someone who tries to pull a fast one on you, your policy tends to change unfortunatly, a handshake deal isn't as common place these days - just because people aren't honest

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do remember that issue you had Stacey...such a shame that you had to deal with that and I don't blame you for re-doing your ways. There are always those out there to be leary of and when we find ourselves being taken advantage of it's hard to trust again. I am just thankful that I haven't encountered any one like that. (yet)

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah and I am glad too - it sure isn't fun!

And I was happy to continue it that way but *sigh* oh well.

At least now I think I have all my bases covered and I know what to tell people so their are no surprises ---- I HOPE