The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her sister went on day 145 and I missed the birth. I am assuming that since I have dinner and a concert 2 hrs from home tomorrow that she'll hold out until I leave and I'll miss this one too :(

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Ha! Very true. She'll start pushing as soon as you are a few miles out. ;)

Any pictures of this lovely doe?

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a photo from about 6 weeks ago. I don't have a current one on my phone

I put her in the kidding stall with a buddy and the monitor is on. Fingers crossed she goes tonight, but my hopes aren't high.

Attachments

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, no kid. I'm wondering if she cycled again and she's due later. She just doesn't seem all that ready yet. Also, I can't feel a kid anywhere. I have felt on both sides and up underneath.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Sometimes kids are very still, and sometimes they are wild and crazy! This year, our young Boer doe was pregnant with 10lb twins, and we always felt movement. It was like putting your hand on a pillowcase with a monkey in it ;) At the same time, we had a Nubian doe that was due with 9lb twins, and I never felt a darn thing from them. Her triplet bucklings the year before were rascals and never stopped squirming.

Really, every doe with any kid is different. Takes a while for some to want to be squirrely, and that is probably the case for your doe.

Now, is she a first timer, or did she already have a loose udder before?

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's a FF. I am comparing her udder to how her sisters looked. I'm not too good at feeling for ligs yet either. I think I can put my fingers around her tail, but maybe I'm not feeling in the right spot.

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I put her on the milk stand. One from behind and one from underneath. Not much more than a handful.

I saw her bred on 2/27 but obviously she didn't kid in July. So my next set of estimated due dates are 8/11-8/20. I guess I was off thinking it was 8/8. But I still don't think she's close. She started forming her udder about 3 weeks ago

Using the calculator from Fias Co Farms my next possibilities are 8/31-9/5, 9/20-9/29, 10/10-10/19. The buck was moved beginning of June so she can't possibly go longer than this

I most certainly will not be free ranging the buck with the girls next breeding season. This is so stressful. My other doe took on the first breeding and kidded exactly on day 145. Always on my toes with Sally

Her belly is down under, not up high. She seemed to have dropped this week, but she was never huge like her sister either. (she had a 4# single)

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes its so funny because as soon as you get in the car she begins kidding us goat showers need a camera in kidding stalls so we can watch the birth on are phone or computer if we can't b there:p

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I am going to say that she is more likely to birth at your beginning or middle of September dates. Her udder is still filling and definitely has a ways to go. Yes, range breeding is so hard on us goat-owners!! Hang in there :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts