Registered
3,480 Posts
Ok, so now I would like to know where the name Pepper Potts comes from. Thanks

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, so now I would like to know where the name Pepper Potts comes from. Thanks
Haha! Now this makes it seem like all we do is watch movies. Let's see, that's from Iron Man I believe, or one of those super hero movies!

·
Registered
29,926 Posts
I love all the names!! How fun. When I watch anything and a name pops up I like..I make a note. There are some fun and usual names now adays on real people lol..let alone kids shows.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pepper Potts kicked off our kidding season with a hearty set of buck (8lbs 6oz traditional)/doe (9lbs black paint) twins this morning!

A bit of discharge last night made me put her in a kidding stall overnight and I'm glad I had. She is a low ranking goat. When I checked the baby monitor this morning she was right in the midst of hard pushing! When I got to the barn she had one from leg and a nose presented. Since I didn't know how long she had been pushing I decided to fish out that other front leg and help her along.

My phone battery died before I managed a photo of the doeling, but here is the buck.

IMG_20210304_092717091.jpg

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Yay Pepper Pots! Congratulations! that’s A great looking chunky buckling.
Are you going to call him Sargent Pepper keeping with the pepper theme? The doeling could be peppermint ;)
I can’t wait to see the doelings pic.
Congrats again,I’m so excited for you :)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
That was great timing! I am glad you got there to help out.
Congratulations! Cute buckling!

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here is the doeling
IMG_20210304_143007196.jpg

Pepper is doing a lovely job, passed her placenta while I went to work a few hours, and seems content! I'm not sure if today was day 147 (the due date I had for her based on stamp) or 150 when the buck lost his apron.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
A sunny afternoon for twin does from Oxalis! No assistance needed I showed up right in time to see the traditional slide out breech. Glad to have arrived as she did have some amniotic sac over her head as she hit the ground and you just never know if they will get it off quick enough. First born is black traditional 8lbs 13 ounces, second born traditional 9lbs 5 ounces.

IMG_20210308_132756546.jpg

Pepper's buckling went off to a bottle home. He didn't need to be bottled but it's a local goat dairy and they've been waiting for a good buck to bottle & disbud. They use Boer on all their FFs and raise the kids for meat. They are waiting for a second one as well. I retained his full brother last year so I felt comfortable about his quality. I made DANG sure Pepper's doeling (likely a keeper) was nursing on both sides before offering him. Look at Pepper's lovely udder!

IMG_20210308_132911857.jpg

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Good job, Oxalis! Good timing for you! They are beautiful!
Sounds like it worked out perfectly for you and the dairy with the little buckling. Just a curious question, are you doing anything about Pepper Pott’s udder now, that only one is drinking and it is so big?

21 - 40 of 129 Posts