The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night we put Sampson to sleep right outside his pen. We were with him the whole time until his heart stopped beating. A little before then I had been petting him and he crawled into my lap, he didn't really fit but he seemed content. Sampson was my buck kid that could only use three of his legs. Having one bum leg never stopped him though, he still jumped and played and bounced around like a normal kid, with only some difficulties. But once he got a little bigger around two months old he started having difficulties, it was harder for move around so he spent most of his day laying down. He would always jump up to come see me and bleat at me if he heard my voice or I called his name. We figured it was time because he hasn't grown in awhile and it was even harder for him to move around. I miss him a lot, but I'm glad that he can play and run and jump and eat with four legs.

image-3135193406.jpg

image-689311446.jpg

image-230936247.jpg

image-230936247.jpg

image-3280202365.jpg

image-4047540735.jpg

image-2920894648.jpg

image-2085325615.jpg

image-2085325615.jpg

image-924098658.jpg

image-495040466.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
I'm so sorry. He was a cutie pie! Sounds like you gave him a great life, even if it was short. :hug:

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Very sorry to hear!! :tears: Poor baby. He was always the cutest little guy. Really stood out on here with his big, determined heart. I'll miss seeing his sweet pictures.

Now he can play with all of the other little babies who are now free. Rest is peace little guy! Hugs to you, Delilah :hug:

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Awe...im sorry

·
Registered
905 Posts
He looked very happy and content. It's obvious you gave him a wonderful, loving home. Short, but sweet. I'm sure you have many nice memories to think back on as you grieve your loss. God bless you.

Hugs.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Aww, this made me really sad :mecry:
You gave him a great shot at life, even though it was short.
At least now he can be with his momma again, and he can have all the fun he wants up there with his four legs.

RIP little Sampson! :angelgoat:

I'll miss seeing his pictures though! :hug:

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
My heart breaks at your post. Here on the farm I am the mommy/daddy to all the bottle babies. It falls on me to fight for the little ones that get sick and cant or wont fight for themselves. I love an underdog. So much so I picked one for my pack goat (Legion). Even if its just going to be a meat goat Ill do everything I can to fight for them and it always breaks my heart when I lose one. I keep in very close contact with God during these battles but sometimes the lessons he teaches comes at the cost of life. A livestock owner learns quick that there can be no life without death, no happiness without sadness and no success without failure. I always second guess myself afterwords, but a trip out to all the beautiful, happy and healthy babies stops that thought instantly.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very sad:( what happened to his leg?
He was born with his leg like that, out vet thinks seems how his ribs on that side were weird that his leg had been bent for a long time while he was developing against his side so that leg didn't fully develop. She also said it could have be a genetic trait, so we aren't exactly sure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts