Samsome

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Coraxfeather, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    A few days ago Sam was in with the yearling. Boss went to go and feed them and he did not come out of the dog house and Pancakes was runing in and out of the dog house. My boss got Sam and took him into the house because he crashed. At first his body temp went down but she was doing great that same night. Just in case she put him in with Dude, Tasha, Boris and Blossoms my velcro babies. He was doing great. Enjoying being in with all of them. Saturday night Tasha was screaming. She always gose off if there is something wrong. Sam was sersoring (sp). My boss got the sersorse to stop and he was brought back into the house and he slowly passed away. He went peacefully with out pain. We have only had Sam for a little while but I am crying hard. He talked to me when I feed him and loved to be scratch on the side of his head. I am going to miss my little Sammey.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry you lost the little guy. Seizures are awful to see in any living creature, do you know what caused him to go down?
    The pain of loss does ease up with time, just know that he is in a better place :hug:

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I am so sorry hun. I know how hard it is to watch them seizure. I had a newborn lamb that was rejected, and she did that. She would seizure and stargaze all the time. And she would cry until someone stayed with her during the night. It was a very hard, emotional night. She passed away the next morning on the way to the vet's office.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss.....it has to be hard..... :hug: :(

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    oh corax I'm sorry

I lost a bottle baby doe, Diva, last year. She was fine, no problems whatsoever, I went out with the bottles in the afternoon, she tripped over and was immediately unresponsive and seizing. She seized all the way into the vet, about an hour altogether. Vet put her on heat pad (her temp was below normal) and saline drip, both temp and heart rate returned to normal and seizures stopped. It looked like she would pull through, until that night she crashed again, seizing again. Vet gave her valium to stop the seizures, but couldnt get the heart rate and temp up again and lost her about 10.30pm. She started at 3pm.

My vet researched and researched and couldnt figure out what it was, the only thing he could come up with was an E.coli infection that enters via the navel and settled in the brain.

There was nothing we could do :( and it sounds like your baby might have been the same

:hug:

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    So very sorry for your loss. They sure do make an impact in our lives and a place in our hearts forever. :hug: for you.

7. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I am so sorry that you lost the little guy.