The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Catharina
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What beautiful babies! And awesome on helping to preserve them! That makes me happy.
Thanks-- even with the rarity of the breed, bucklings can be hard to sell. Some people buy them to breed with other breeds of goats--mainly dairy because they have very high butterfat milk-5% to just over 6%.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
So cute! How old are they?

Reactions: catharina

·
Catharina
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They were born June 26--I just took a while to get the pictures posted. They are for sale, if anyone's interested! The bucks of this breed are nice because they are lacking in the scent glands than give other bucks that strong clingy smell. They also have very nice horns. Their dad is 145 or 150 pounds.

·
Catharina
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a friend who does transports all over the US, a couple times a year. She's bringing me a San Clemente doeling from Maine this Friday. She doesn't charge all that much.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I have a friend who does transports all over the US, a couple times a year. She's bringing me a San Clemente doeling from Maine this Friday. She doesn't charge all that much.
Be sure to post tons of pictures!! ;)

·
Catharina
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks--these guys have really off the charts unique DNA. Their ancestors were brought to California back when Spain owned it, & left to their own devices on the Channel Islands. Over the couple hundred years that they lived wild there, their ancestral Spanish breeds went extinct.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts