Sandy's Baby is Here!!!! new pic and udder video pg 3

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Aug 10, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well Sandy decided to surprise us and go early on Day 142 - with a single absolutely GORGEOUS Buckling!!!!

We haven't named him yet - but it is going to be a flashy name!!!!!!
    So if anyone is in need of a Nubian with Superior Genetic - here is your man!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please excuse my fat and barn clothes - I had just done a disbudding and sold two goats that I had to hoof trim and carry - so I was nasty!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Sandy's Baby is Here!!!!

Wow she didn't make you wait at all! Congrats! He is very flashy. :thumb: :stars:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Beautiful!! Congrats! He looks like a big, strong healthy boy! How is Sandy doing being a first time momma?? Again..he's just wonderful!!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Only problem is is that she is refusing to have anything to do with him. I made her feed him in the milk stand then milked her out and gave him a bottle - so hopefully she will get the hang of it. He will cry and she will just walk off...... she was a bottle baby herself.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh that's to bad. I didn't even think about that when I saw the pics of you bottle feeding! :doh: It's been a long day. lol. I sure hope she takes him otherwise you are going to have one big friendly bottle baby!! Again..congrats!

6. thephatlady

thephatlady New Member

Jul 28, 2009

:stars: WOW!!!! He is just gorgeous!!! I wish I was closer! I would love to have a buck like him for my girls. Will he be regestered?My girls are not but I think they could be .There parents were.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yes, he is an ADGA registerable Buckling.....

you could register your does as native on appearance, breed them to a registered buck, and then build them up to the merican Purebred book though the ADGA :thumb: :thumb:

PS I can ship - hehehehe

8. thephatlady

thephatlady New Member

Jul 28, 2009

I'm begining to think I do want to regester them if I can.I will have to look into it .How much will you be asking for him. Just in case...........?

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Not sure if you know about Nubian Lines - but he is full of Goldthwaite (his Sire's whole side and partly is Dam's) and the Sire's dam just received her superior genetics from the ADGA - so I am not sure on his pricing yet. I would like to see what the dam's udder does first - but so far it is awesome with great orafices and lots of colostrum......

Can I get back to you on the price???

Here is a link to the dam and sire's pedigree

sire: http://www.freewebs.com/sunsetlakeranch ... digree.htm

dam: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... N001453639

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congrats Allison, sorry that he is a bottle baby right now - but if she doesnt change in the next couple hours sounds like that will be permanent

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Very pretty boy!!!!!

12. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois

Congratulations!!! :) Very handsome and flashy! :drool:

13. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

well I wouldn't give up THAT fast! It depends how much you want her to have him - or how much you dont want a bottle baby. My goats have all accepted their kids so far - but with my sheep that "reject" a lamb I usually give them a week before giving up on them.

I'm sure Keren would have some good advice. I can tell you what I do if you want.

LW

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yes please - I am still going to work with her and put her on the stand to nurse constantly and then milk and bottle feed to supplement - homping that she will get the idea shortly!

15. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

First of all.. he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO VERY GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :love: And I am sure everything will work itself out. Maybe she will take him :shrug:

16. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Congrats! He is adorable. I just love this little guy. :love:

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Congratulations, he is adorable.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Well, I left him at home with momma in the horse stall and I talked with my boss and I am going to go home at 12:30 - so he will have 5 1/2 hours - 6 by the time I get home to really try and get momma to let him nurse..... If I come home and he has an empty belly - he will be pulled as a bottle baby and nurse from momma when she is on the milk stand ---- I just don't really want to be bringing him 40 minutes each way to work everyday for him to be bottle fed :(

19. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

:stars: GORGEOUS!

20. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

I will keep my fingers crossed that she takes him Allison :pray: