Santa brought me ...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by keren, Dec 24, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Finish the sentence and let us all know what you got for Christmas!

Santa brought me goat related stuff (of course!).

- one of those car seat cover things that go on the backseat for dogs to protect the car from hair etc. because my goats go in the car all the time (Mum and Dad)
    - a cargo barrier for the boot of my hatchback, like what you use for dogs so they cant jump into the front, but I will use it for my goats (Mum and Dad)
    - two mountable spotlights to mount on the old shed near my kidding shed, will be great for night checks and assisting when necessary, my brother gave that to me and said free installation by him is part of the deal! (brother and SIL)
    - chocolates (the universal gift) (another brother)
    - a rechargable torch (will recharge in powerpoint as well as car cigarette lighter - great when I drive off to shows) (friend)
    - a wind up torch - with a head torch that you can plug into the main torch and charge it up - and it also came with an attachment to put to your mobile phone - you can charge your mobile by winding up the torch - great for shows because they dont have enough powerpoints in the sheds (some showgrounds dont have any power) and its hard to charge your phone (friend)

Very cool, all stuff I am gonna use heaps!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well it was supposed to be a "no adult gift" christmas - however - since today is also my DH birthday - I got him a trip to Las Vegas for the Viva Las Vegas Rock-a-Billy car show in April. This year was his 40th birthday - so I wanted to do something special. (Sorry Sequoyah - Southwest will not allow animals on the plane - I tried for you!)

And even though he was NOT supposed to do anything for me - he got me a $50.00 gift card to Victoria Secrets for a new bra (I am horrible about buying myself anything) and a $25.00 gift card to my favorite coffee stand in case I am out and want a coffee (usually he drives me to work and stops and gets me a coffee).

Other then that - we are just relaxing and enjoying being snowed in on the hilltop with the animals - oh and 2 kids! LOL!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    A new digital camera. Mine was stoles at a ladies house that we went to do some community service for her. She kept telling me how she liked it and then it was gone. :scratch: Not smart.
    New dishes because all mine are breaking.
    Candy,
    Several shirts
    Squishy pillow that also vibrates. ( I have wanted one of these for years but they sell out so fast.
    I collect Santa's, so he got at Wal Mart a Santa that sings and is in a rocking chair. He rocks and his cheeks light up. It is so darn cute.
    WOW I have drawn a blank.

But the best thing was my son is home from the Military and we are all together as a family. :leap: :leap: It might be the last time for a while because he will be stationed in Calif and he has to come out here two times this summer so he will not have any extra leave saved up.

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Santa brought me a comfy robe, a candle, and candy pig thing, a gift set with foot lotion-foot wash-and a foot soak. and 2 country music cds. I had a pretty good Christmas considering all that my family has gone through this year. The only thing that I didn't get that I really could use is a mp3 player-but I want to do some research to make sure it is something that I wouldn't just be wasting my money on. I'd like something that I could use to listen to music on while i'm on my walks this summer. Now, if only Santa could bring me some doe kids this spring i'd be really happy. :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :pray: :girl: :girl:

5. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    redneck acres - for a cheap but good mp3 player. An iPod Shuffle is good. =]

Anyway... Santa brought me..

An Electric Guitar :shades: - Mum
    AC/DC Boxer Shorts - Reece
    A head lamp - Reece
    Moisterisers - Heather Lee
    3 or 4 singlet tops- From My Aunt, Uncle, Step nan and Pop and my cousin
    Makeup set - From My Aunt, Uncle, Step nan and Pop and my cousinFrom My Aunt, Uncle, Step nan and Pop and my cousin
    $150 Dollars [From Dad and Nanna]
    Chocolates - a few kinds from different people
    A winnie the pooh book from 1951 - Grandma and Ed
    And a christopher robin poem book - Grandma and Ed
    $50 target giftcard - Grandma and Ed
    AC/DC Shirt - Jess

And more to come from other parts of the family.
    It does sound like a lot, doesnt it :shocked:
    Extended family is cool :cool:

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I got,
    I carhartt sweatshirt, picked that one out...LOL from mom
    A couple pairs od really cute pj pants
    a new riding helmet
    My brothers got me fluffy socks and a pair of tiny white gold hoop earings.
    new flannel sheets for my bed.

I think the most exciting part of this morning was the gifts we got for my parents. I got my brothers to go with me to take our picture with santa this year (im 24 my brothers are 23 and 21)
    We had it blown up and framed. my mom loved it. I also got her this hand made crystal hen that is really bright colors. I got the rooster for her a few years ago. so now she has the set.
    I got dad a vintage built in 1965, 1965 mustang car model. He has a real one that he is re building. The model has the exact same rims as his. I got it from am older man in texas that got the kit when it first came out when he was a kid. it has screws to put the bottem part on rather then glye like the new ones. He really liked it. His other gift hasnt come in the mail yet i was kind of bummed. but its an old mustang clock.
    I got my cats some toys, they came in this little plastic stocking, my younger cat was into everything i was trying to wrap last night. She found that and was trying to play with the jingle balls through the package. Then the dragged the whole thing under the bed and i had to go retrieve it. She was so excited this morning when we took things out of the package and she actually got to play with them.
    We're cooking dinner now!
    Hope everyone enjoyed their day!
    beth

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i got
    2 sweaters
    a set of PJ's
    a stuffed hippo
    a cd
    a tri pod flashlight for the farm..way cool led
    a GIANT anatomy book(its literally almost 3 feet tall)
    3 oil drums for feed haha they are waterproof.. and squirell proof
    and candy

bird got a bell for her collar

and sam and charlie (our dogs) got a whole bunch of toys... see sam! he has a stuffed squirell , a stuffed pheasant, and a stuffed lamb in his fat mouth!! he also got tennis balls, two rope toys , a rubber chew ring, and alot of treats.. they got more than i did!

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Goat tee shirts
    new milk pail
    New leather collars for the goats
    Show collar
    Lots of health items for the goats(nutridrench, vitamins, needles, ect.)
    A scale so I can do milk test.
    Candy
    Molly's herbal dewormers and buck booster
    cheese book
    Soap book
    Goat coffee mug
    Kid coats and pritchard teats
    New mineral feeder
    A box to keep all my tattoo stuff in order
    CD

Yep, lots of goat stuff. I'm thrilled!!! :dance:

9. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    WOW! Sounds like everyone got alot of pressies =] Especially jealous of all the goat items you got Ashley.. and that electric guitar you got Alyssa! You must post a pic of you with it. What brand? My brother has two electric guitars, and one acoustic, I think they are mainly Les Pauls.
    I had an electric guitar on my list last year, but I'd never get it so I finally took it off. I wanted a Flying V haha.

We opened presents from the four of us, but the rest of my family never made it so we're going to do secret santa presents next week I think..

I got:
    Pink Floyd t-shirt
    pair of jeans
    AGDA shirt
    book on atificial insemination (shoulda seen my brothers face when he asked what the book was about :slapfloor: ) It was obviously about goats.
    six notebook sized goat posters - Alpine, Lamancha, Togg, Ober, Nubian and Saanen.
    4 gb SD chip for my camera.
    $100 gift cert for Amazon.com
    And the very unexpected.. a .22 g from my dad. I had been wanted one for years but never had enough money, even though my dad has gotten four for my brother over the past 4 years. It wasn't even on my list, and my dad never gives me presents ($50 dollars for my 16th b-day back in June was the first ever), so this was very unexpected, and I was really shocked. I'm going to buy a 30 round clip for it.

This is probably the spendiest Christmas we have ever had, we've always sorta had money problems, so I must say I am very greatful, money definently isn't everything, or anything, but I'm glad that we're even able to pass out gifts, when you think of all the people dieing everyday, from all of the hazards and everything going on in the world.. So I am extremely thankful it makes me want to cry (emotional much?) We had a great meal at my grandparents house, with, obviously my grandparents, my two uncles, one uncles wife and their 2 kids.
    I am disapointed that the rest of my family (sister, brother, and their families) weren't able to come, they planned on coming last weekend but never did because of whether. It definantly wasn't the same without them, it was almost lonely.. and I was a little disapointed in my brother because he was acting like a greedy rat.

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    .22 cal's are my favorites?

whos the maker?

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Remington, its an automatic. Its a very disappealing plastic gray, but durable. I guess I prefer wood.

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    not bad. rifle or handgun? you can get wood stocks for rifles .. not sure on handguns. i prefer ruger's myself.. no real outstanding reason..i just love them!

13. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I would have loved a hand gun also, either way, but yes its a rifle; you have to be 21 to own and 'handle' a hand gun here in MN, but both my parents own hand guns, and I've used them before, quite spiffy.
    The butt and stock are one complete piece, so replacing it isn't totally out of the question, but its less likely.
    My dad has over 40 firearms and he has replaced parts various times so I could have him do that, but i haven't seen many full wood butt + stocks laying around, would probably have to custom order it.

I think I will keep it how it is, he asked it I wanted to trade it in though, but its kind of special, in an odd way.

Did any of that make sense?

14. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :hug: Amos

made perfect sense to me

15. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    My Grandpa Bill (Family friend) gave me a 6mm rifle years ago-it is the best gun i've ever had. Acctually the only rife i've ever owned. It does pretty good about collecting dust these days though.