The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Sassy had twins this afternoon. Second time for her and first for us.:eek: Sassy is a Nigerian Dwarf and they are so small and cute. The black/white one is a boy and the brown/black/white one is a girl. What seems strange is the sire and dam both have blue eyes and these little ones have brown eyes. Will they change as they get older? Our grandsons watched because their momma came in case I needed her help. My 7 year old grandson couldn't get close enough when the babies came, but my 3 year old began to cry when her water gushed and didn't stop until I took him into the house after they were born. I asked him why he was crying and he said it was "because Sassy pooped animals.":crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My whole family laughed at that! Poor little guy!

Adorable babies. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute as!!
:kidblue::kidblack::kidred::book:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Such little cutie poops!!

(Hugs to the little one who cried. I'm sure it was a bit confusing, but a good life lesson to learn.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My three year old grandson is all smiles now that the trauma is over. He just loves watching the babies. He says momma "Sassy" crying out scared him. Says he won't cry next time. He's got a little time to get ready for next time. Our Nibbles is only 10 months old so we've got a couple months before letting her visit Sprocket ( our buck).
My children grew up in town so it is such a pleasure watching these boys grow up in the country. His seven year old brother has already seen a calf, puppies and now goats born. He went out to the pasture with the Ferrier and vet to look at our lame donkey's hoof. They love to help me chore. Just real homesteaders. Better than TV and video games any day.
The twins two days old, momma (Sassy) and sire (Sprocket).

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
my goodness they're cute! and yes...i think all children need to be exposed to farm life, even if it's only for a little bit. i didn't grow up on a farm, but i remember we had hatched chicks in our classroom, go to autumn fairs, all that good stuff.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I have to admit, last year was my very first kidding, and I started to cry with my doe because her crying out broke my heart too :laugh: So tell him to not feel bad :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts