Sassy's 3rd Fresh Udder

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by capriola-nd, Jan 6, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, here is Sassy's third freshening, partially clipped udder. ;) It's cold and I don't want her "chi-chi's" to freeze. :wink:

I like it overall. . . . wish she had a more defined medial. . . . but man, she has tons of capacity and EXCELLENT attachments (imo). :D I'm so happy with that! We're keeping both of her doe kids and her buckling is for sale - he's really, really handsome you know. ;) What do you all think? Be honest, but not too harsh, if you know what I mean. . . . :)

This is the same doe that I took a pic earlier this year with 8 hours of milk. I was told she could benefit from a higher rear udder. Is that still the case? This photo was taken with 12 hours of milk.

Also, which ones would you put on our website? I'm going to put three: a rear view, side view, and fore.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    very nice! high five! ( air five..)

i do agree with a stronger medial... and i would say a higher rear udder too.. to make her get the even thirds..

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    \

Oh, man! Always something to fix! :roll: Well, when she is walking around naturally the "thirds" show better, she was upset with me (she's never been a friendly, cooperative doe) and scrunched down. . . . I think I'm just making excuses though. :wink:

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its still really nice though..

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She does have a very nice looking "set up"...her capacity is great so is teat placement! A higher rear and better medial could have very well been improved with her doelings, guess you'll find out about that next spring. She looks like a doe I would love to milk.

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Quick question. . . . do you guys think Sassy's udder is nice enough to be selling her buckling intact?

I can see where what you all mean that her udder could be a tad higher but it's not that bad, is it?

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    no not at all.. her udder is really nice and blue's momma has a really nice udder.. your little guy would make a great buck

but i would say if he isn't sold or reserved by weaning. i would sell him as a wether. because as nice a buck as he would be. housing another buck till you sell it doesn't make alot of sense to me