The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a bag of Sav-A-Lamb Colostrum Replacer online. The date says 6/30/20..is this the date of manufacture or the expiration date. It doesnt say, it just says use in 2 yrs from manufacture..I'm guessing this is the manufacture date but I just want to make sure!
Font Rectangle Parallel Cloud Paper

·
8,501 Posts
If it has been stored correctly, it should be ok. I hate expiration dates. Most are random dates that are added because certain states demanded to have dates on all products. So, in order to comply, all edible goods have a date on them. Most are a year or 2 after they are manufactured.

Unless it is a fresh product or you add water to it (certain medications), storage is the most important thing in maintaining freshness and quality.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I once bought a batch and thought it was expired. I called the company and their customer service folks were great and explained yes, it’s good for two years if shelf kept, three years if fridge kept as long as it is factory sealed.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I have two packs now because dh thought the first one he bought from TSC was expired and lost his receipt So then I ordered one online and it has the same date haha. Well I guess we have two packages now. I might put one in the freezer. I can vacuum seal it even though it wrapped pretty good from the store.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Yes. I have two packs now because dh thought the first one he bought from TSC was expired and lost his receipt So then I ordered one online and it has the same date haha. Well I guess we have two packages now. I might put one in the freezer. I can vacuum seal it even though it wrapped pretty good from the store.
Just write the "real expiration date" on the vac-pac, and you're golden;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts