The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a bag of Sav-A-Lamb Colostrum Replacer online. The date says 6/30/20..is this the date of manufacture or the expiration date. It doesnt say, it just says use in 2 yrs from manufacture..I'm guessing this is the manufacture date but I just want to make sure!
Font Rectangle Parallel Cloud Paper

·
8,973 Posts
If it has been stored correctly, it should be ok. I hate expiration dates. Most are random dates that are added because certain states demanded to have dates on all products. So, in order to comply, all edible goods have a date on them. Most are a year or 2 after they are manufactured.

Unless it is a fresh product or you add water to it (certain medications), storage is the most important thing in maintaining freshness and quality.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I have two packs now because dh thought the first one he bought from TSC was expired and lost his receipt So then I ordered one online and it has the same date haha. Well I guess we have two packages now. I might put one in the freezer. I can vacuum seal it even though it wrapped pretty good from the store.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Yes. I have two packs now because dh thought the first one he bought from TSC was expired and lost his receipt So then I ordered one online and it has the same date haha. Well I guess we have two packages now. I might put one in the freezer. I can vacuum seal it even though it wrapped pretty good from the store.
Just write the "real expiration date" on the vac-pac, and you're golden;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.