Savanna Goats

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by EandEBoersWV, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ChristineBaize

ChristineBaize Sand Road Savannas

Feb 5, 2015
    Owensville, IN
    Go to the Pedigree International website. Check under the Breeders link for Savanna breeders by state.

2. midlothianffa

midlothianffa New Member

May 5, 2013

The website is Texas Savannas I emailed them and they asked if I was looking for fullbloods I replied waiting for another reply

3. VVFarm

VVFarm Member

Dec 13, 2015
    South Dakota USA
    There's two breeders that I know of in South Dakota and in Minnesota. I can't vouch for them as I've never met either one. Otherwise, I know several people like myself who have a few. But not real breeders.
    I've seen several goats sold as "Purebred, no papers" Savannas that had pink skin & noses. Or airplane ears. Obviously NOT purebreds. Watch out for those.

4. Good lead...thanks!

I'll look that up. Thanks!

I think that comes with any breed! I never cease to be amazed at ads promoting a "purebred" and the photo bears no resemblance whatever to the supposed breed! Thanks for a good reminder!

5. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

It is a good reminder but remember, show judges won't change and American breed clubs won't be formed until breeders make it happen...

6. Survey0r

Survey0r Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Georgia
    top goat Contact Dale Coody out of Lawton Ok. He sold his herd but may be able to help you locate a breeder nearby. He is selling seman from his best. Beware tho he will fill your head with info about Savannas.

edit Indian Nation Farms (??) has Savannas. Not sure about the quality, ask Dale

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  7. Thanks, Survey0r! Will do.

8. VVFarm

VVFarm Member

Dec 13, 2015
    South Dakota USA
    [​IMG]
    This is one of my girls, her name is Stella. She is only 1/4 Savanna but has retained a lot of great characteristics- and color.

9. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    She's gorgeous. A friend of mine that I sold my Boer herd to several years ago wants to find some Savannahs to add to his herd. You think it's hard finding them out there? Try finding them in New England??!! lol

10. Lstein

Lstein Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    North Dakota
    She's very pretty. One of mine looks like that too, she has the red spots instead of black. She also has those little tassel things oddly. Must be a higher percentage of the boer that does that? Not sure where tassels come in though....