say what 'help' is for in caprine special care forum

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by cute kids, Nov 23, 2007.

1. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    any way to have posters say what the problem is in the subject area when they post on caprine special care rather than just saying, 'help'??? then i would know which posts i am interested in opening.

2. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I have to agree with you, too many folks use the term "help" or "urgent" when it is not called for. Those terms should be reserved for medical emergencies only.

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'm afraid I'm a culprit :doh:

But I changed mine after seeing this. I agree, especially when there is more than one 'help' thread going on at once that it's confusing.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I agree too, I have started ignoring the threads that just say "help".

Edit - I didn't mean ignoring.... I exlained below ( my brain is a little fried so bear with me lol )

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I wouldn't just ignor threads because there is one going on right now that is a serious issue and does warrent the heading "help"

Specifics in the subject line are encouraged and help those who are browsing to know if they can be of help or not.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    When I see HELP or URGENT, those are the ones I go straight to. They are asking for our help. I really do believe that is why they put that, hoping someone will help them out right away.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Good point sweetgoats

8. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    just say, 'help....with kidding' or 'dog bite' or 'chilled kid', whatever, so that there is an indication of what the 'help' is for. then people with expertise in that area can respond right away.

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I didn't mean ignoring, I more meant it is a little confusing when there are two at once. If I see "help" I check it out BUT if I can't help with the situation I may confuse that thread with one that I could help, and not look at it right away because I thought it was the thread I couldn't help with. Sorry if that was a little confusing lol

10. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i always read every thread in the special care section. then i only respond to those that i think i can help with.

11. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well when I see help or urgent I think it is a medical problem not something like they need help deciding which buck to use. While the poster did want input on which buck to use there was no need to put "help" in the topic. All cute kids is asking is for people to be carefull with their wording.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well that wasn't in the caprine special care so this thread is a none issue.

13. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i wasn't referring to any entry in particular; it just seems that over time there have been several 'help's listed without any clarification in subject heading. i just like to know, if i am in a hurry, what the help is about; also when looking back over special care to see things i may have missed, i like to know which ones to be sure to check for my own edification.
    this thread is not a 'none issue' to me if it is interpreted as i intended. imo, all of the subjects are 'better' if they include a clue as to what is to follow.

14. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i wasn't referring to any entry in particular; it just seems that over time there have been several 'help's listed without any clarification in subject heading. i just like to know, if i am in a hurry, what the help is about; also when looking back over special care to see things i may have missed, i like to know which ones to be sure to check for my own edification.
    this thread is not a 'none issue' to me if it is interpreted as i intended. imo, all of the subjects are 'better' if they include a clue as to what is to follow.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    everyone is entitled to their oppion I can't go in an change every thread that has a help title.

Your suggestion has been noted and those who see it I am sure will note it and if it isn't an emergency ASAP issue they can make the title more clarified.

16. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    hey stacey=="keep it friendly keep it fun". there was no criticism of ANYONE intended by me....i just was asking for clarifictaion of something. no toes were in the way when i stepped that i could see.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you believe I didn't handle an issue fairly please pm me about it and we can discuss it. Thank you

18. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    It would be nice for the "help" threads to say what it pertains to, but in a real emergency, someone may not put it in there. Let's all take a deep breath and shake hands. :D