The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Chris and I am the proud owner for two Nigerians :). They are both 4 month old does. We just got them yesterday so its definitely been a learning experience getting used to them. We have 6 ft stockade fencing and a rubbermaid 7x7 shed with a floor as their home :).

I love em to death already and would appreciate any insight or tips anyone can offer.

here is a picture of the cute buggers looking in the window into my dining room lol. We have some patio block stacked up next to the stairs leading into the mud room so they found they can hop up and look at me through the window.

I definitely open to learning and am ready to learn more :)
The pink collar on the left is Siera and the yellow collar on the right is Bella

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the friendly welcome! They definitely are sweet. Siera is really friendly and loves jumping in my lap. The hard part right now is because we just got them from their herd last night, they are bleating looking for the rest of their family. Poor things, im hoping they acclimate pretty quickly and accept my family into their new herd :).

They are happy as clams when im out with them petting etc but as soon as i go inside the bleating starts. Hardest part as a new parent is telling yourself to not go running to them when they hollar :p.

·
14,615 Posts
Welcome! They sure are cute how can you stand not being out with them?:D
Just kidding. They'll probably quiet down in a few days.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Welcome from way far away in NH ;)

Glad to have you :)

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
welcome from Central Texas : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate the warm welcome. Goats are a bit daunting to own at first so im glad i was able to find a nice community :). This mornings feeding went pretty well. I think they are getting more acquainted with their new home. They were playing king of the goat hill with me as the hill :p. Siera is a real sweet heart nibbling on me and hoofin me for attention. She even started rubbing her face on me which im guessing is a good thing. I know a little about goat bonding but not a lot yet. One day ill learn their version of the goat language :).

Last night was really hard because when i put them in they hollared for an hour before they realized its night-night time and im not coming back out :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts