Scan results!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Jan 4, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Demi is pregnant :cool:

the guy didnt know how pregnant - because she's only 42 days along so it was hard to tell. But at least one baby and maybe two...

but... none of my sheep - not one out of 26... is pregnant. Which means the ram that ran with them for 2 months was a dud. I feel like I'm gonna cry.

2. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    :leap: you are gonna have little demi bugs! My vote is in for twins, :boy: and :girl:

Sucks about your ram. I had the same thing with the rather expensive buck I bought early this year ... I mean last year :( What sort of sheep do you have, weevil?

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    my sheep are suffolk x charolais x texel with one or two cheviots thrown in =]

The sad thing is the thought of having to send them all off to a factory or something because I cant afford to keep sheep that arent producing :|

PS I want :girl: :girl: from Demi =]
  4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Who's ram are you using? Is he yours or someone else's? Can you get another re breed?

I know that has to be hard. I can not believe he did not get even one. :angry:
  5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!! That's exciting!

Sorry to hear about the sheep though. That's amazing he didn't even get one pregnant! Are you going to get another ram and try to get some bred?
  6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It is too late now :cry: If I managed to find a ram now, they wouldnt lamb until June/July , and then no one would buy the lambs... etc.

It seems that I'm going to have to send off all of my sheep to the factory :cry: :cry: *dies*

I've got 4 that... I cant bear to let go so I'm going to do my best to keep them. It's just that I dont pay for their keep - they're supposed to pay their way by their lambs, and I dont have monies...

my neighbour is hopefully going to sell me a few in-lamb ewes for the spring. I HOPE.

And then there's Demi... the luff of my liiiifeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :birthday:

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    how did that birthday emoticon get there... :roll:
  8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    sucks about your sheep, but I know what you mean about them having to pay their way. I decided to take the hit and keep my does that didnt kid (because it was the bucks fault) and I've struggled ... paying for it dearly. I probably should have sent away at least some to ease the burden a little.

I'm gonna show my ignorance here :oops: I know suffolks, texels and cheviots, but I didnt know there was a charolais sheep?? I've dealt with charolais cattle but not sheep :?
  9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on Demi!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the sheep though - that sucks!! I am kind of in the same boat with my ewes. If they do not produce anything by February, I might just be taking them to freezer camp!!!!!!!