The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey goatie friends! Peabody has this gnarly growth on his ear. It's about the size of a blueberry and can be felt/seen on both sides of the ear. I checked his ears two weeks ago and didn't see it, so it's possibly very new, or was just small enough for me to not notice..

I'm scared it could be cancerous. Perhaps it's just a puncture wound that's gotten infected, but it has raised, peeling sides, like it's growing from the ear.

What can I put on it鈥擭uStock, and see if it heals?
Or should I call my vet to come have a look? If it is cancerous, what would they do for him?
Thank you for any suggestions 馃挏 馃悙

Administrator
Could be mites or just an injury.
You can initially the first time, remove the scab and put Nustock on it, every 3 days.
Fkaking up from the edges says healing though, to me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be mites or just an injury.
You can initially the first time, remove the scab and put Nustock on it, every 3 days.
Fkaking up from the edges says healing though, to me.
Ok, I'll start this tomorrow. Thank you. I would think flaking means healing too, except for the large bump that I can feel on the other side of his ear?

Registered
I wouldn't suspect cancer unless you see it growing or ulcerating. Sometimes injuries happen in the weirdest places. If it starts to grow or change in suspicious ways, then you'll need a vet to come look at it. If it were a tumor it would be a great place to get one because it's not in a vital location. But I agree with the others that it's most likely just a scab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts