SCARY!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well I let my goats out as usual in the backyard so that they could graze. I do this everyday, so I wasn't expecting anything bad to happen. Well that was WRONG!!! Cause all of a sudden I hear Orion screaming, okay I think he's cryin' for mama. Screams again and again and AGAIN! So I go out to check on him and I couldn't find him until he screamed again. He was in our ABOVE ground pool!!! I'm so happy that I heard him screaming and that he can apparently swim! I will never leave him unattended near it AGAIN! I feel like such a bad goat mama. :( I could have lost my baby. (I didn't know he could jump that high yet!) So now I will be PARANOID!!!

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That is scary! Thank goodness you are a great goat mama and knew he was in trouble :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    animals do the strangest things. Good for you for jumping to his rescue. It is so hard sometimes to not just ignor them as "just being goats"

4. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Good thing you were out there! Funny because my little Sage did the same thing recently, almost even posted about it! I was actually in the pool, I was under water and felt something hit me in the leg, since I was supposed to be the only one in the pool I jumped up to see what it was, poor Sage was screaming her head off wanting back out, I cuddled her abit and helped her out. She's such a trouble maker, can't keep her in a pen, today she jumped it and ended up hanging upside down with her foot tangled in the top wire, thankfully, other than being alittle sore she's fine.

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :GAAH: I'll bet he thought it was just another "high place" to jump onto! :slapfloor: Imagine his surprise when the "floor" wasn't solid! Sorry, it's funny because you were there and it turned out all right...thank you Lord.

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Wow Crissa, that is scary!! I'm glad you heard him!

7. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Thank goodness you were there!! Glad he could swim!
    Sue

8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That could have been a real heartbreaker- thank goodness he called- I think mine would have not.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is so scary!! I am so glad that your little goat is okay. . . . My first baby doe, a pygmy bottle-baby, escaped from her crate one day when she was two weeks old. She jumped into the water trough (about the size of a pool) and was screaming for help. I was far away and didn't hear her but thankfully my grandpa and uncle heard her and ran about 300 yards to save her. She wasn't breathing when they got her out and did CPR on her and saved her!! I am sooo happy they did that! My precious Rosie is almost 4 years old now and is my favorite goat! Funny that her half-sister (also a bottle-baby) did the exact same thing only we got her out right away. . . . I am so glad your little goat is okay.

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone. I think he learned his lesson, he won't go anywhere NEAR the pool now.