The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered Vabazen and gave a 2 year old doe some day before yesterday. Today she has horrible squirting scours. Is this because of worm overload or the valbazen? She was very low on the famacha chart.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Ive not ever had problem using Valbazen...could be her worm load was heavy..if you have c d antitoxin..I would give her that...when a goat is heavy loaded they can over load the system with dead worms after worming and cause toxicity... And with the runs it will help..Pepto will help sooth her tummy and dry her bum..keep her well hydrated .

If you dont have C D antitoxin Milk of Magnsia can help as well..it will bind toxins...

·
Registered
462 Posts
The day after I worm with Valbazen, often the goats will get scours for a bit and then it clears up right away.

It shouldn't be the Valbazen...make sure you don't under dose if she had a heavy worm load...you can give 4 times the suggested amount of Valbazen and the goat will have no ill effects but underdosing can be deadly. Hope it clears up!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gave her some pepto and it was cleared up the next day. Tomorrow will be 10 days and she still hasn't gotten color back to her eyes. I am going to follow up with another dose tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
You will need to treat the anemia as well...
Red cell 6 cc per 100# double day one then daiy for a week, then once a week until color returns...also B 12 is important to help her rebuild her red blood cell...
green leaves, alfalfa and when she is pooping berries high protien feeds all help her rebuild the red blood cells and keep her energy up..
keeping her hydrated is important as well

with her being anemic I would assume her worm load was heavy..best to treat 3 times 10 days apart then once again in 30 days for a good kill...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of giving her red cell. I completely forgot about doing that. It's been a while since I had to use it. Hope mine is still good. Her eyes have still not changed. I am going to dose her at 1cc per 10 pounds this evening and go ahead and give her my old red cell. I don't have vitamin b12 but I can pick some up tomorrow. She has a belly on her but very thin around the hips. I was hoping to see some improvement this week in her appearance. But I am thankful she is pooping balls now.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
B 12 is RX so if you you cant get to a vet for it you can find B complex PLUS which has the 12 in it that she needs along with other B's...There are 3 products..B complex,whoch is great for stress, support and appitite and energy, Fortified B complex which has more thiamine in it..great whena doe is off feed, struggling with polios ect...and B complex plus..with extra 12 in it : )

Goats drop weight a lot faster then gaining it...get her well and them slowly work onher weight..it wil all come together :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts