Scours in my 5 month old Cashmere doeling.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Di, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hi all! So, Daisy has runny poo! Not pretty on a white goat. So, I took a fecal sample in, expecting they'd say it was cocci. But, no, they didn't find any worms or cocci. I had wormed everybody 3 weeks ago. This just started about 5 days ago. So, I'll go out any give her some pepto, is there anything else? She seems fine otherwise, eating, drinking, playing with the other kids. She's been getting grain with the others, her mom is "herd queen" so she may be getting more then her "fair share", should I stop the grain for awhile? :?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Did you get new hay or is she just new to grain? Has it rained recently and greened up her pasture quite a bit? I'd say take the grain down a little bit and see if that does anything. what color is her poop?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah wait Sarah said.

Pepto should help if it is either of those things

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, it's rained recently, and she's been getting some grain for awhile, so it didn't just start when I started feeding her grain, and I did get a new load of hay, but it's just grass hay, and they are only getting a "token" amount to keep them quiet. I have to feed the mini horse and bucks the hay, their pasture is pretty eaten up.

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    And the pooh is really black, :GAAH: I just went out to clean her up a bit, got soapy, poohy water splashed all over me when she decided getting her "cha cha" cleaned up wasn't that necessary! :GAAH:

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It could be a bacterial thing. But now sure.... hmmm. I might try some Scour Halt if I were you.

7. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks everyone, she's better now. Haven't had any since I gave her pepto.