The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my goats a kid away from its mama already and has tiny horns. Has like clunky poop not berries and not upset like berries all mashed together Into one clunk and she acts fine anything that I can do besides some things I already no any tips???? Thanks

· Registered
7,663 Posts
Did you just take him/her away from momma? Is there any dietary changes as of late?

Typically when mine are like that it's dietary and I know what it's from. If it doesn't change in a few days I would get a fecal fine and check for worms.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I am going to worm her because I just got her.

· Premium Member
14,457 Posts
How old is this kid? SHe can have probious.
Technically scours is the runs not just clumpy poop.:)
You can also give her a little pepto but all it's going to do is mask the symptoms, that is, if her rumen is off or she has had to much milk or replacer. Is she dam or bottle raised?
Just keep an eye on it for a day or two, they do go through changes that drive us all bazuti.
So long as temp, eating, drinking & behavior is fine.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dot know how old she is but she is young but definitely old enough to be weaned(which she is) I just got her so I don't know but she seems fine she ate a little bit I think she is getting used to the taste of the food that I feed. Yeah it is not runny just clumpy I think I'll just give her some pepto. How many cc's per pound do you give them for scours?????

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so you can't over dose and kill them or anything right??

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok you seen uow big she is how many cc's would you give her per day or how many cc's per pound??

· Registered
7,663 Posts
I don't know, but since she really doesn't have scours I wouldn't give anything to her, there is really no need. Maybe some probiotic paste, but mine has always been dietary changes, prolonged I look at a worm load. Also after worming them they can have strange poo as well.

· Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
Could be dietary and stress, the new home new food, since you plan on worming her choose a broad base wormer like ivomec plus or valbazen since without a fecal you are kind of shooting in the dark and need a wormer to cover most worm load. Pepto should only be given if poop is real loose like pudding or worse, ploppy poop should run its course. Probios is a great idea as well as b complex .

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I am giving kayopectate

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will let you know how she is coming along

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.