scrapbooking old goat magazines.......

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    So a breeder friend of mine retired last year and got rid of most of her goats, and she offered me several boxes full of Dairy Goat Journals and United Caprine News dating from present back to the early 1980's(for only $40!!)

So anyway, my plan was when I get time(like next winter) I'm going to take all of the pictures of the goats in there, and sort them alphabetically and by breed(I'll date the pictures as well) and put them in big binders. That way I'll have a big catologue of pictures of goats that are in pedigrees, and for future reference anybody that needs a picture of an animals, I may have it :D Its also interesting to see how the breeds have changed in only 30 years, you would not believe some of the not-so-nice udders that goats used to have(and some downright atrocious!)

Anyway, what I was wondering is since I'm not a scrapbooker, what would be the best way to preserve these pictures at low cost? I was thinking about glueing them to cardstock and then putting clear packing tape over the sheets to laminate it, would that work? Or should I use laminating sheets? Also, is there anything else I should save besides pictures like breeder's ads?

Thanks for your help :)

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    You can visit Dollar general or Walmart and they have the photo books with the clear sheet on them to hold the photos-they run about $10 each :) sounds like a good plan!

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    *cries* Noooooooo! Don't cut up the magazines! You have no idea, they are actually worth something! They go for quite a bit on ebay. I always lose these auctions. Get them scanned, but please don't cut the magazines. Aww... *begs*

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Don't worry, I decided not to cut them up since its going to be impossible without destroying pictures(and the articles are really interesting, lol) so I will scan them :)

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    *wipes sweat off brow and smiles* Yay! Is there any articles on alpines in there? *peers over magazine cover*