The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always had medium sized mixed woods goats but recently decided to step up my heard quality and get some boers. I got 3 older does, one of the does 3 month doe and a 3 month buck with a different bloodline... I noticed some of the older does have a rough patch of skin under their chest, mabey from laying down? Is this normal? They are more broad chested than my other goats so i dont know... Sorry for the first message i dont exactly know how to use this yet...thanks. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Completely normal, it's from laying down lol. It's the same reason their knees are all rough :) Sometimes you will have to watch them though to make sure they don't get scraped up or anything down there, so you can treat it before it gets infected. You will have to do this especially if they are on gravel, concrete, really choppy hard dirt, etc.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you i guess im just worrying about every little thing... I thought it was from that because it is just like their knees but i was just making sure. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's nice to have goat talking people to talk to i think my family is getting tired of hearing about all i talk about is my livestocks conditions lol. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts