The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had goats for a few years now. I started with whethers and then earlier this year I bought a female Nigerian who was already bred. She is a great goat and had three healthy babies but she screams nonstop for no reason. She can have food and company right in front of her and she screams. She taught her babies to do it and I got another female whose is bred and she is now teaching the other female to do it as well. Help?!?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition I am not 100% sure of her heat cycle but she screams every day so I don't think it has to do with that. And she screamed before during and after pregnancy and with or without babies. She just screams all the time.

·
Registered
637 Posts
New here myself, have no idea how to help-- its not baa-ing but really screaming? Not in distress? She is just really Talkative, or demanding?! Does she need something?
Maybe needs more goat toys in the pasture --i have seen Jolly Balls-- or even that Spool structure for them to climb on-- check out the King of the Spools thread-- keep her busy, maybe she needs a job, like carting or something...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have a big house to climb on, rocks to stand on, a6ft high dirt mound, a picnic table and a seesaw. I put hay in a net to make it more interesting. It's screaming bahhh. I've read some
Articles that say some goats are just screamers

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
Unfortunately, some goats are just screamers. How long have you had her? Maybe she is still missing her old home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And their pen is a large square paddock with 300 feet fencing and I would say I let them loose for a few hours about 3-4 days a week

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had her for 7 months. I'm not worries a but about neighbors but it's driving is crazy, plus I don't Like the fact that she is teaching the other goats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts