The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought first three Nigerian Dwarfs (first goats ever) about three weeks ago. Two young doe's and a wether. My wether screams almost constantly and especially when we go inside. Is this seperation anxiety? Besides his screaming he has the best personality and he is well cared for .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My only wether screams a lot, too. He was dam raised by my doe and if he can't see anyone, or he's hungry, or he's anxious, or just bored he shouts at us!

I think wethers are just big babies!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
how old are your goats? How old is he? Is he part of the herd that you got the does from?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thank you. I was getting concerned neighbors would think he was being neglected, guess I'll have to cross that bridge if/ when it comes.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
How old are they?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how old are your goats? How old is he? Is he part of the herd that you got the does from?
I got him and one of my doe's from the same herd. He was born in May and his half sister was born in June. I didn't want him at first but my doe was sad and not adjusting well. I went back and got him a few days after I brought her home and he just brought a perfect balance to my little herd. Just wish he didn't scream like he does. I didn't even know goats could sound like that.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
He will start getting horse in a bit and things will quiet down.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much, above is the picture of my wether (on the ground) and my bigger doe. He is the most curious little guy. He wouldn't me alone while I was trying to give dewormer to her. He thought he was being cheated out of a treat!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
He's a cutey!

My wether is the sweetest and friendliest of my goats, but he's also needy and whiney. I think that's the trade-off. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts