The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Jubillee I was looking on your website, and i came across the SCTDGC, and i was interested. So i went on their website and found out about the show! One of my 2020 goals is to enter my girl Clara into a show as a junior doe, just to see how we do. The 2019 show was in Brenham, which isn't too far from me, about 30 mins. But do i have to be a member of the club to show there or what? I am guessing i don't just show up lol. I would sign up, because it seems to be a great little club anyway!
thank you!

·
Registered
434 Posts
@Jubillee I was looking on your website, and i came across the SCTDGC, and i was interested. So i went on their website and found out about the show! One of my 2020 goals is to enter my girl Clara into a show as a junior doe, just to see how we do. The 2019 show was in Brenham, which isn't too far from me, about 30 mins. But do i have to be a member of the club to show there or what? I am guessing i don't just show up lol. I would sign up, because it seems to be a great little club anyway!
thank you!
I am familiar with that show. No, you do not have to be a member of the club to show. All you have to do is fill out the entry forms and send them in with the proper fees before the entry deadline. It is a great little show! As far as I know, it is in Brenham every year too.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,481 Posts
Hi! No you dont have to be a member of any of the clubs that put on shows. You do have a slightly higher entry fee as a non-member though.
I'm also in a club for minis...Hill Country Mini Milkers and have a show the weekend of May 17( don't quote me I need to double check). We aren't doing Nigerians for the mini show BUT this year we added a one day/one ring ADGA show to our mini show. You can do Nubians or Nigerians. It's in Boerne, near SA. Might be one you can look into and it will be smaller than the one in Brenham.

Also the SCDGC is putting on a great clinic (I went last year) Jan 25 in Brenham, look into going! They will be doing some show training too. I'll be going to that and feel it's extremely beneficial!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also the SCDGC is putting on a great clinic (I went last year) Jan 25 in Brenham, look into going! They will be doing some show training too. I'll be going to that and feel it's extremely beneficial!
Sounds good! I will try to be there! I am guessing it is at the washington county fair grounds? Do i have to bring a goat to practice on or do they provide goats?? (i know, dumb question lol)

I am familiar with that show. No, you do not have to be a member of the club to show. All you have to do is fill out the entry forms and send them in with the proper fees before the entry deadline. It is a great little show! As far as I know, it is in Brenham every year too.
are you also located in Texas?

Hill Country Mini Milkers and have a show the weekend of May 17( don't quote me I need to double check).
where is that located?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yep theres the link, I was going to post I for you. No you don't bring goats. Last year they had several. They break you up into groups and rotate between subjects.

The mini milker show is in Boerne. It's near San Antonio! https://hillcountryminimilkers.org/member-roster

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ahhh I was there too! I completely forgot! We could have met up!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts